Scba fill adapter flow restrictor question

I bought a few hand tight scba thread adapters from air tanks plus. Going to make a handful of fill adapters.

The air tanks plus adapter has a flow restrictor in the end of the pipe. I was thinking of removing this.
Wondering why it’s there and should I keep it there. Looks to be a brass insert pressed into the anodized aluminum nipple.
I could probably knock it out or even drill it larger.

Thoughts?
Here are some pictures.

A1FEC6C3-225E-4B2A-8602-6AB251B7F8AD.jpeg
FB7F8581-A7C7-4A75-9042-FD62C3940971.jpeg
809CE47F-919E-4CD2-89F6-CA1A776B3E4A.jpeg

I would give them and call and ask, I have bought a few fittings from them before and they have been very good to deal with. But….I don’t think it will be a problem with your flow as it will likely be restricted anyway to 1/8 inch if you are using a microbore fill hose. I have a similar handtight unit but from Nuvair, but I don’t recall for sure if it has a similar restriction in it.

/\ What he said. I really like the flow restrictor Foster that I have. Not sure who I bought it from but it is nice.
One of my CF bottles has a decent valve for throttling, the other one, not so much. So with the restricted Foster
it doesn’t matter how much open the tank valve, the flow is nice and slow. Especially like it on my pistol because the tiny tank can heat up very quickly.

I’m actually not going to use microbore fill hoses, not because of flow but quality, durability.
I also use a Yong Heng so I don’t get massive air flow anyway. The scott scba valves are super easy to control, don’t really need the help with controlling flow there either. Maybe just as a failsafe.

I was thinking heat buildup at the restriction.

I have a setup that has no flow restriction at all. Guess I’ll do a test and see if there is any real time difference while filling a tank.

Yeah, not so sure I would use a restrictor on a small compressor, I suppose it could cause the compressor to raise pressure to quickly in the hose and shut it down or you shut it down. Then you would have to relieve pressure and start over. They are best used on scba fill tanks.
As far as heat. Not a problem except on initial line filling. The line will warm up but will cool quickly. After that the though, there could be adiabatic cooling when higher pressure upstream passes through the restrictor to a slightly lower pressure. But even that will be minimal.