• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

SCBA air whips

I've bought mine on Ebay for years. Never had a fitting failure & only one hose popped about 4 years ago. Other than it being LOUD when it gave way there was no "shrapnel". I always look for a 6,000psi rated whip. Never heard about micro-bore putting undue stress on compressor. Time to research that.

Gerry thought I read that a couple of months ago on here but could be wrong ,maybe thinking about a restrictor of some kind . I was thinking around 6,000 psi also, thanks for the reply Edit: P.S. I have a shoebox

I run 6000 psi microbore hoses on all 3 of my shoeboxes for several years with no issues. This is the first I have heard of trouble too.

Thankyou Quad82 for replying with your experience with the microbore hoses on the shoebox it reassures me because I have two of them . (You saved me some money BTW) 

As far as my statement with a smaller size hose with a compressor I am probably wrong (old age, brain surgery, worst of all the wife correcting me all the time LOL) but I am going to do some research myself on that & see if I can find it . Many thanks again Quad82

I can tell you that you should NOT buy these:

Foster Adapter

Foster Adapter

36" Whip

Thanks for the heads up. Could you tell us why not to buy these?

For example I bought a few of the ebay 10 pack type and NONE of them fit anything, not even each other. It was money wasted and plenty of frustration.

Lewis they are made of copper (the fittings) and are rated right at 3000 to 4500 psi only I would go with a higher PSI rating and stainless steel fitting . The whip is rated max 4500 psi also would go with a higher rated PSI just for the safety factor myself . Hopefully AZGman will chime in with his experience using them .

Yes, sorry I did not elaborate in my original post. All of the items I mentioned caused issues. One fitting leaked so bad I could not build any pressure and the other fitting and whip would not hold pressure above 3400psi (I have a 300bar gun in my collection). I have learned that adapters for PCP guns should use a 6 ball detent design, and these do not (5 ball).

Think about it, even 2000psi is dangerous enough that you do not want to save $10 and risk injury to yourself or a loved one! 

Just blowing though a microbore hose is hard to do and I've noticed my compressor runs a lot hotter to. So I eliminated the small hose while filling my tank 

20220122_104700.1642870328.jpg