Scams, good and bad people

I am going to say there are some really good people in the air gun sites,
I am going to say there are some really BAD people on air gun sites..
I am going through the sale items, I been looking for one just like that, Sounds good price is right.
Now to buy,, It reads to protect myself I can only take M.O I can only ship after it clears...
Kind of leaves me holding the bad if he decides not to ship.. Just how much bigger can this scam get..
LOL.. No pay Pal no deal...
Mike

Pretty much. If the seller won't take PayPal, then he needs to ship me the gun first. When I have the gun in hand, I'll send a money order or check. If those terms aren't agreeable, no problem. If you can't trust me then why in the world would I trust you? I'll move on to the next seller who takes Pay Pal. I'm not taking any unnecessary risks these days.

Dude bought a stock off me and wanted to pay with a M.O. Said he was ok if I didn’t ship it until it cleared. I agreed but ultimately it was me, the sellers decision. I don’t necessarily believe you’re dealing with a scam, you’re just dealing with not being able to pay him how you want to pay him. I don’t blame you for not doing it, I wouldn’t either. But it’s just a toy so move on and buy elsewhere.

There are some that have had their issues here with PayPal, and so choose not to use it. While I agree it’s their prerogative, they won’t get any business from me. Not because I don’t trust them, but because a M.O is difficult to get around here, and a lot more work than PayPal. When I see a seller demand this kind of payment, I simply move along to the next seller. It’s simpler that way.

Reactions: ChRiSiS
Paying with or wanting paid with a USPS money order does not make anyone an automatic scammer.
I have done around 40 firearms transactions that originated on the internet. Every single one was done with a USPS money order. They are the only form of payment I will accept for an online generated transaction.
The reason for this is that PP does not allow the purchase of any firearm, ammo or related product with PP.
FF is just a way to dodge the rule. I have seen some people attempt it and get away with it. Personally, I would never attempt it. My luck don’t run that direction.
Air guns are not firearms and therefore PP may have no heartburn over the practice.
The reason some people here require the money order is because they don‘t use PP. Therefore the safest method of payment is the USPS money order.
USPS money orders are easy to get. You have a post office? You have access to money orders right there. They have a $1,000.00 limit but buy several if you need to.

Last edited:
Reactions: rcs9250 and Fig
From me and my opinion, i give my number as a buyer feel free to call it. have never scammed anyone here or at 24hrcampfire. i prefer usps money order for 2 reasons,,,i dont trust pp which is my main reason and i try to use my “sock” money wife doesn’t know i have from selling guns ( which I prefer usps or personal check)both powder burner and air and supplies . She doesn’t care really but sometimes if she knew what I paid she would be like holy cow!

Reactions: Fig
oined 4 months ago and have made about 4 purchases with USPS MO. I do not have PP. and I never had an issue with any of the sellers accepting payments. Is there anywhere on this site where we can rate each other’s business transactions?

Click on the person's avatar.

Click a second time to get to their profile.

There is a Leave Feedback button.

Reactions: Fig
In my opinion, PP is liberal scum. I will never deal with PP ever again. If PP is the only method to purchase an item, then I don’t need it. For many many years before PP was around USPS money order was the safest way, still is. BUT, because scammers have figured out how to fake USPS money orders, your only safeguard is waiting for it to clear the bank while the bank freezes an equal portion of your money that you have on account. I’ll even take a personal check as long as you’re willing to wait for it to clear.
I currently have an Air Arms S510 posted with NO PP for payment. Maybe that’s the posting the OP is referring to. Oh well, if that’s a red flag, so be it. My rating for selling on AGN is perfect, as is on ACCURATE SHOOTER where I sold thousands and thousands of dollars of items at a time before PP went lib.
There’s so many A holes in the world now it’s pathetic.

Reactions: Mike_Lenardon