Scammers Took It To A New Level Beware.....

Ok everyone PLEASE be careful when purchasing I have seen a scam before but never like this. Today my AGN was hacked they changed the email address and password and listed items for sale. Many of you know me and talk to me outside of this forum and a BIG shout out to @M0ist0ne for contacting me outside the forum and @Jack.K as well to see what was up. My friends got intouck with admins and stopped it as soon as we knew something was wrong. I really hope no one got had from this horrible action. I love this hobby and try and help others whenever I can. I send out items to test, offer to use my funds to pay for items for friends that don't have PayPal and I wait for the money order from them. Don't buy items with out speaking to or getting as much information as possible. I will go beyond that and from now on when I list a item for sale in classifieds I will request you to ask me to take a picture with my item with whatever you request to prove I have it also in this post I will post my current airguns this is what to background carpet floor etc will look like. I have full access back so any questions please reach out. *The only exception with a different background is the AA pistols I had listed for the club.
20220727_173945.jpg
20220714_011744.jpg
20220714_010606.jpg
20220712_230327.jpg
20220630_093853.jpg

20220731_000616.jpg

Last edited:
Damn Matt, this is crazy. I'm glad Jack and some others caught it quick. If anyone in here has a doubt about doing business with Matt, aka Brawler1588, I can vouch for him. You can always reach out to me or a number of others that know him personally and we can confirm a listing to help keep members safe. Hopefully no one got scammed.

-Pete

I can vouch for Matt (@brawler1588 ). He's a great guy and we send items back and forth on the honor system. I have NEVER had an issue with anything in dealing with him. We chat almost on a daily basis.

I instantly knew something was wrong when I saw the for sale posts this afternoon. It's not the typical background he takes pictures against and while he loves to give good deals, he's not going to give stuff away. Plus, he hadn't offered me first crack at em 🤣 and he usually bops me a message about new purchases he makes...and I didn't recognize any of those items.

I hit him up outside the forum to verify it wasn't really him. He got back to me in a minute that it wasn't and he got scammed. His biggest concern was trying to make sure folks didn't get ripped off. Matt was 110% ok with me making the post on the classified forums to warn everyone and I reached out to Michael and the mods on his behalf.

Crummy stuff happens to good people, so I for one hope this doesn't tarnish his rep around here. I'll vouch for him 100% to anyone.

I can vouch for Matt (@brawler1588 ). He's a great guy and we send items back and forth on the honor system. I have NEVER had an issue with anything in dealing with him. We chat almost on a daily basis.

I instantly knew something was wrong when I saw the for sale posts this afternoon. It's not the typical background he takes pictures against and while he loves to give good deals, he's not going to give stuff away. Plus, he hadn't offered me first crack at em 🤣 and he usually bops me a message about new purchases he makes...and I didn't recognize any of those items.

I hit him up outside the forum to verify it wasn't really him. He got back to me in a minute that it wasn't and he got scammed. His biggest concern was trying to make sure folks didn't get ripped off. Matt was 110% ok with me making the post on the classified forums to warn everyone and I reached out to Michael and the mods on his behalf.

Crummy stuff happens to good people, so I for one hope this doesn't tarnish his rep around here. I'll vouch for him 100% to anyone.
YES! He is my number 1 air rifle friend after my father. Legitimately THE nicest dude I have ever made the pleasure of making friends with. Always helps me out when I need it and as he mentioned in his post…he is a philanthropist through and through. I text him quite frequently; he is not someone who would try to scam others.

I urge everyone to consider who they purchase from and to always be inquisitive in nature when purchasing an item. If you feel off about someone…make a post, ask the moderators, ask me, or ask anyone with very good ratings. Usually scammers will use email to contact you and not give their phone number. If it is a phone number, you can ask them to send very specific pictures of the item you are purchasing. Chances are…they won’t be able to. If they pass those tests and you still feel off, then just pay the 3.5% fee with PayPal and save yourself the pain.

Stay vigilant peeps,
Regards

Thank you for the kind words guys just crazy it happened. I was not singled out i know of at least one other member that had his email and his agn account hacked and similar activity. It sucks because people see a active member and don't think twice. ALWAYS confirm user has the said goods and make them jump through hoops to prove they have it if need be.

Reactions: SHOMER and Maizen
Good looking out guys. This is what this forum, and the airgun community is all about. Looking out for each other. I’ve known Matt for a short time, but consider him one of my good friends. He will bend over backwards for anyone in this community, and has done so many times for me. It sucks that this has happened, and I really hope nobody fell victim to it, but it really shows how a group of people can come together for the better of the community!
Great job!

How do you think they got, or figured out your password?
There are scammers everywhere! And some are professional, sometime belonging to rogue nations. They often use complex software to figure out passwords. Your best bet is to use a password that is at least 12 characters long. I let my computer pick a multi character password. And I write it down on a piece of paper. If you save that password to your computer, there is a chance that if your own computer was hacked, they could find all your passwords.

I can attest to @brawler1588 (Matts) willingness to help out others enjoy the sport, has offered numerous times to ship me things to test, as well as shipped me stuff before even receiving payment. Really messed up what these scammers are doing , I almost was had by them yesterday on another account they hacked.

Good looking out guys. This is what this forum, and the airgun community is all about. Looking out for each other. I’ve known Matt for a short time, but consider him one of my good friends. He will bend over backwards for anyone in this community, and has done so many times for me. It sucks that this has happened, and I really hope nobody fell victim to it, but it really shows how a group of people can come together for the better of the community!
Great job!
Heck yeah, Matt is the kind of guy that will drive an hour each way to drop of a shipping box so you can send out your gun to another friend of his across the country. He's the kind of guy that would literally go out of his way to make sure a deal is good goes smoothly, even when it's not his deal. His ties with this forum and community are deeper than most will ever know and he is someone everyone should want as a friend.

Ok everyone PLEASE be careful when purchasing I have seen a scam before but never like this. Today my AGN was hacked they changed the email address and password and listed items for sale. Many of you know me and talk to me outside of this forum and a BIG shout out to @M0ist0ne for contacting me outside the forum and @Jack.K as well to see what was up. My friends got intouck with admins and stopped it as soon as we knew something was wrong. I really hope no one got had from this horrible action. I love this hobby and try and help others whenever I can. I send out items to test, offer to use my funds to pay for items for friends that don't have PayPal and I wait for the money order from them. Don't buy items with out speaking to or getting as much information as possible. I will go beyond that and from now on when I list a item for sale in classifieds I will request you to ask me to take a picture with my item with whatever you request to prove I have it also in this post I will post my current airguns this is what to background carpet floor etc will look like. I have full access back so any questions please reach out. *The only exception with a different background is the AA pistols I had listed for the club.View attachment 282231View attachment 282232View attachment 282233View attachment 282234View attachment 282235

View attachment 282230
If you have anti-virus software running on your computer....... make sure it is capable of scanning for a "key logging" virus...... if they hacked this account and you had a half way decent password......the problem might be in your computer.

HK

If you have anti-virus software running on your computer....... make sure it is capable of scanning for a "key logging" virus...... if they hacked this account and you had a half way decent password......the problem might be in your computer.

HK
I only use my phone not sure what kind of saftey measures a phone has to be honest.