Scammer?

Since placing a WTB thread in the classified last week, I have had a couple( maybe same person) of guys attempting to get me to deal with another guy by contacting their email. They have no history AND joined the same day as the contact info. I’m trying to make the moderators aware of this and really don’t know how else to contact them 

Thanks

@Welldone It sounds like you did the right things. Steer clear of anyone you suspect is a scammer and wait form AGN staff to respond to your message. Also review info in this link if you feel that you missed something. Reporting Scammers on AGN and Tips & Tricks to Avoid Scams. You can contact a moderator via PM @Moderator2, @moderator3, or other staff like @Michael, @Airgun-Nation. Click their handles, go to their profiles, and compose a PM. Give them a little time to respond. Or you can flag a post like this one you started and explain the situation to AGN staff. It’s best to start a post like this in the “member feedback” forum. 

When placing [WTB] ads many members have had similar complaints about and experiences with scammers. It’s common to deal with the “my buddy Fred has what you’re looking for. You can contact him at (fill in the blank) email address.” It reminds me of a digital version of the “brick in a VCR box” scam.

I reported one that contacted me about a WTB ad I had this morning. He joined today, posted 5 times between 4:37 am and 5:11 am CDT, then sent me a PM at 5:34 am saying John in Arizona had one and provided an Gmail address. User name Lewis12, so be careful! You'd think these guys would learn?

Same guy contacted me about the WTB for GRS stock; said to email "John" in Arizona.

We are living through days of relentless scamming at every corner. These guys need to be hunted down...

I was taken recently on Craigslist for a carport. 🙄😡

Screenshot_20220324-114440_Samsung Internet.1648136696.jpg

find and freeze all their bank accounts for 90 days!...

I would send them my "brothers" instead...

I created some emails specificaly for reasons when I need to register for some new website I may want to order things...junkmail full bean every day I need to empty.

I have over a hundred blocked numbers in my cellphone and stil some manage to get tò my mailbox with junk messages...it got slow down a bit when India got into covid outbreak last summer but look like they picking up again...

Kind a pi$$$ing cannot trust anybody these recent years.

I did make contact with him before I realized it may be a scam. I got his drivers license or maybe someone else’s that was stolen. They would not send a picture with the item they claimed to have and the license in the same picture. I don’t want to put out his drivers license unless the authorities ask for it. If someone is going that route then maybe I can help.