• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Scammer in classfieds I think !

Yep, probably a hacked account. Also has a $1000 Impact listed

And the Impact was sold in 2001 for $1800

That guy has a ton of feedback. Is he a scammer? Or hacked account
No question, it's hacked. Feedback alone won't tell the whole story. First thing to do is look and see that he hasn't been on forum posting in over a year.
Then search the "text" of the ad for the impact, and search the title of the scope in classifieds. You will see both have been sold previous using the exact wording and pictures, but lower price. Now in reference to the pellets, anyone think they can get pellets wrapping in the factory packing for almost 1/2 price in this day in age?

No question, it's hacked. Feedback alone won't tell the whole story. First thing to do is look and see that he hasn't been on forum posting in over a year.
Then search the "text" of the ad for the impact, and search the title of the scope in classifieds. You will see both have been sold previous using the exact wording and pictures, but lower price. Now in reference to the pellets, anyone think they can get pellets wrapping in the factory packing for almost 1/2 price in this day in age?
good points! thanks for explaining that

When you have a reason to make a thread about a suspicious post...save us all time and effort and use the REPORT function. That assures the moderation staff will be alerted to the activity. Believe it or not, we don't spend every waking moment reading posts. We rely on the membership to be good stewards of the forum. IOW... Help us to help you.

Thanks to all who are on the look out for scammers.

Well, the pellets say sold, so wondering if someone fell to the scam! Bummer!!
Today I'm the idiot. Thought the pellets was a too good of a deal kind of thing, but I recognized the user, zitrffritz has been around a while. Hoping paypal will cancel the transaction. For sure a lesson learned. Won't be dealing in the classifieds anymore unfortunately. That trust is broken.

When you have a reason to make a thread about a suspicious post...save us all time and effort and use the REPORT function. That assures the moderation staff will be alerted to the activity. Believe it or not, we don't spend every waking moment reading posts. We rely on the membership to be good stewards of the forum. IOW... Help us to help you.

Thanks to all who are on the look out for scammers.
Where is the REPORT function located ?

Today I'm the idiot. Thought the pellets was a too good of a deal kind of thing, but I recognized the user, zitrffritz has been around a while. Hoping paypal will cancel the transaction. For sure a lesson learned. Won't be dealing in the classifieds anymore unfortunately. That trust is broken.
File a complaint against his account at paypal, not just a claw back on your money. Paypal can close down any account for fraud... He was using a hacked account... That's criminal, not just "scamming" and at the least Paypal has a legal responsibility to shut down his paypal account.

Reactions: fe7565
File a complaint against his account at paypal, not just a claw back on your money. Paypal can close down any account for fraud... He was using a hacked account... That's criminal, not just "scamming" and at the least Paypal has a legal responsibility to shut down his paypal account.
As of now, because there is no Scammer used a hacked account option that I saw, and the paypal chat bot told me to do an unauthorized sale, paypal just closed the case as "oh well" and says I cannot reopen a claim once it has been closed. Will try calling them tomorrow.

This is what the scammer is relying on. Take the extra couple minutes and open the user profile. You will find that either the user has not posted in quite a while (as in this case), or you will see that the user has never made a post pertaining to the item(s) listed. The scammer knows that you see that great price and knows that you think "If I don't reply right now someone else will beat me". Go ahead and reply, but then go back and do the search before paying. Like with the .30cal pellets you would expect to see at least a couple of posts where the user talks about .30 cal guns. If you don't find any posts that should be your red flag.

Reactions: fe7565 and Ctkny