• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Scammer alert…

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m eventually planning to sell a airgun. This is all new to me so I’m trying to learn what’s the best way to make both parties feel secure about the transaction.
Get on the phone and talk. Best way to get a feel for someone. Turn your BS meter on. Ask for additional pics of the item. Use a form of payment where the buyer has recourse if seller doesn’t come through.

I find this subject interesting since I have some items on Facebook for sale and it always seems that the scammer what's to be paid via Zelle?? I don't know what Zelle is :giggle: :giggle: I know its a form of payment but why?? What's wrong with PayPal??? I'm asking just in case in the future I'm interested in buying maybe selling but I don't care much for selling items where I have to ship but I might one day take that leap.

Trying again
Thomas Imperati, the alleged scammer, is listed in the attached data base
Line 266
Blue hi-light

Hope this helps
Ed

I am the real thomas imperati I posted on here before my identity has been stolen I have called Alphabet org they don't even want to listen to me my real phone number if anyone wants to call me is 203-640-8962 again send no one money unless you verify who it is I've cheated no one my identity was stolen

And never send money with Zelle. I use it for sending money to rent or one of my pals. But they don't offer protection.

Zelle protection
Absolutely right! Even the company recommends its use only between parties known to each other, never for commercial transactions.
Also, communication by texts is problematic. I assume this transaction did not involve a large amount of money, but verification of name and address is too easy to fake with texts. Sorry, I don't mean to preach, and this was certainly not the buyer's fault, but you almost have to be obnoxious in identity verification these days.

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Hey guys and gals. I recently posted a WTB parts as and Thomas Imperati from Branford CT responded back and said he had what I needed. I sent him money on Zelle and he said he was too busy to send me the parts now and kept blowing me off. I kept asking for the parts to be shipped and provide me a tracking number and he kept ignoring me and when he responded he just said ok I will. I’ve told him many times via zelle for a refund and he refuses. No parts and no refund. Avoid at all costs. Worse yet he is an ffl card holder. I provided his info to help you guys out.
How much did you get burned for?

"I am the real Thomas imperati from the hunters shop in Branford Connecticut do not send anybody money or do business with anyone else my identity was stolen my phone number is 2036408962 unless you call me personally the person you're dealing with is not me Again send no money to anyone"

I think this guy is Legit, and should be given the benifit of doubt. I hope that Thomas can clear himself, (which I believe he is trying to do) and his good name restored.

Edit: looks like I missed it and other members also. Post # 26 is from TI

Last edited:
Hey guys and gals. I recently posted a WTB parts as and Thomas Imperati from Branford CT responded back and said he had what I needed. I sent him money on Zelle and he said he was too busy to send me the parts now and kept blowing me off. I kept asking for the parts to be shipped and provide me a tracking number and he kept ignoring me and when he responded he just said ok I will. I’ve told him many times via zelle for a refund and he refuses. No parts and no refund. Avoid at all costs. Worse yet he is an ffl card holder. I provided his info to help you guys out.
Edit:
Does anyone have a USFT standard Butt end they dont need and want to get rid of ? Any color will work. If it has the butt hook under arm screw in post, even better.....

Thanks alot....Bill
7o2 six eight 8zero1two1

So a scammer contacts you by text claiming to be Thomas, do you still have record of the number? Is there more evidence pointing towards Thomas?

Smells like it could have been Anthony Jarvis or a number of other scammers, unless there is more to this story?

Last edited:
What’s his address 🥊

• Haha
Reactions: Ezana4CE
I’m real? I noticed that Thomas I. Was trying to clear his name up, then ran into this post claiming that he is a scammer?

I was attempting to bring both parties together and attempt to figure out if Thomas is also a Victim and perhaps we got it wrong and if so do the right thing and restore a man’s reputation. This type of scam could happen to any of us.

confused, how you would come to that conclusion?

iu

Reactions: dv8eod
The scam referenced in this thread was long ago. Old thread. Heck I’m still trying to figure out if str8shooter is the real guy, fake guy or someone else all together. Makes my head hurt.
Cliff Notes Version:

I read the complaint and I think it does't add up. I am calling BS
I think Thomas Imperati is also a Victim
I think a Scammer fooled a Cop, the AGN Staff and General Membership, and the Scammer is laughing right now while planning his next Scam.
I would rather be shooting, reading and learning on this site, but this crap gives me a bad case of Red Ass.

I would be happy to learn that I am wrong, and invite you and anyone else to prove otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.