Say what you will....

About Amazon, but they did me right tonight. I had ordered my Yong Heng back on May 9th, but due to some things coming up I was unable to get around to unpacking it until today. To my dismay it appears the thing was dropped on its top. The line going from the high pressure cylinder down was pretty badly bent. So I proceeded to take it off and ever so gently bend it back straight. I was able to get it mostly straight but there is a pretty decent divot in the tubing just above where the collar and the tube meet. I don't really think it would be a problem but..... So I came in the house and opened a chat with Amazon. I was outside the 30 day window, but they are going to go ahead and send me out a new one with guaranteed delivery by July 2nd.

I do have to send the other one back but they sent me the return shipping label and I already have it printed out. I am still half tempted to put it all together and give it a run, but that divot concerns me a bit. Especially being on the high pressure side.

Either way I was very happy with Amazon's customer service and I can always go fill my tank at a buddies house or take it to my local place to get it filled.

Amazon's business foundation is customer's satisfaction above profit. It's on their logo. They spent 20 years without making a profit and building a brand, that's their success model. And now people complain they are taking over the entire world. 

Businesses need to see and put the customers above all things... 

Don't turn on that thing, wait for the new one.. be safe

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dazeinfo.com/2019/11/06/amazon-net-income-by-year-graphfarm/%3famp?espv=1

The company was created in 1994 I just couldn't find the profit char since that year 

Of course companies make money, but not all have the same business model. Amazon was reinvesting most of the earnings and building the brand for more than 20 year, with a very low margin profit. At the core of their business model was the customer service, that's what they want to have as brand. That's why their logo... Happy from A to Z 

Anyways it was good it went well you return after all that time.

Bezos (whom I admire) went years without making a profit because he was playing the long game: capture the market, then reap a profit. He has done so by solving a problem we all have/had: getting what we want, when we want it. There's much more to it than that, of course, but that's the gist. He solved a problem for himself and extended that solution to we, the unwashed masses. For the tech minded, he did the same thing with AWS - develop cloud services for use in-house, but offering that solution to the world. It's a brilliant and obviously successful business model. 

GsT (Waiting on today's Amazon order to arrive...)

Long before Amazon was a major player the local stores in my community started shutting down. Walmart drove most of them out of business selling cheap junk. Now, I choose to support small businesses via Amazon, and/or choose Amazon as a seller rather than give any money to Walmart.

If ordering from a small business on Amazon, I always check to see if the business has their own website and buy there, if I can.

edit- corrected spelling.