• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Saw this ARCA mount and wondered if it was a good buy.

Well apparently Saber tactical Acra does not fit.
20220731_171447.jpg

It looks like I would have to shave like .030 off the bottom of the saber unit to make fit.

View attachment 279919

The saber tactical will start but just too thick.
Looks like your larger Arca bottom rail is a K&L not a Saber Tactical. Not sure if there’s a sizing difference between the two brands but if you’re still looking for an Arca plate for bags etc look into Grey Ops CNC.

• Wow
Reactions: Healthservices
Well thats just weird. I ordered a saber tactical unit and while trying to find something else I found my arca rail for the Delta wolf. It fits!

20220731_222137.jpg

Now get this I'm pretty sure this unit is a Kraford & Lypt unit as well!

What gives?

🤪

The grey Ops does look like it maybe built better and fit more arca designs.

Allen

Last edited:
Reactions: Centercut
I think you are probably right. I'm thinking that the design did not take in consideration the various thicknesses that the Acra plate can have and designed a flawed product that can only fit certain ARCA plates! Meaning basically a unit that is not universal fit and putting themselves out of the market for a lot of customers.

Besides it would be silly, as well as really expensive to change over all my guns to something that would fit this one off item. The next one will have to be a Gray Ops unit.

Allen

Last edited:
That's really annoying!
There's so many manufacturers making "Arca compatible" plates and clamps now it's a jungle. And that was just for Photography where the system began some decades ago. I've got clamps and plates from dozens of photo companies, from Switzerland, US, Germany, China, Korea, and other than one clamp I bought in 2004, they are all compatible. But there are oddballs out there that don't play well with others. These newly adopted "tacticool" companies diving in, don't seem to get the picture.

Basically, an Arca is a dovetail design. They are more difficult to measure during manufacturing with regular non-fixture measuring. If the manufacturer has a custom made GO-NO GO gauge it’s easy to determine in or out of spec. If there’s no industry standard for Arca, then anyone copying or “reverse engineering” a mating part or original part they can measure and get a dimension but what they don’t know is the tolerance of the design. It’s possible, in your mix of parts, that the male part is on the high limit and the female part is on the low limit and causing an interference fit.
It’s possible that if you had the male and female of the same manufacturer it might go together.
As an example, the military has very specific specifications for a 1913 picatinny rail. That way anyone making a mating part for the rail can be sure their product/item will fit, as long as they have an accurate gaging method that accounts for both high limit and low limit of the 1913 rail. I’m betting one of your parts is out of spec from the original Arca dimensions.

So, something to keep in mind. When you hear ARCA, realize there is no standardized spec. It's a generic rail design from the photo industry. A few years ago, Really Right Stuff, pseudo drew a line in the sand and have the RRS spec for ARCA rails and many PRS companies (Grey Ops being one of them, e.g.) have likely adopted that (or near that) standard. So, when things don't fit really well, always check if your rail is ARCA (non-standard) vs newer RRS standardized rail dimensions as it will make a difference.

Newb to air rifle, but have shot more than a few PRS/NRL matches.