Seneca/Sam Yang Samyang/ Seneca recluse

I've got a leak in my recluse 357 after I installed a new valve from lethal air pretty sure I tore the oring since I had a piece of oring fall out when I was reassembling it well I tested it and it's at 200 ftlbs well since I've got to tear it back down and find the correct oring I think I may make a peek poppet and see if I can't squeeze a few more fpe out of it

Just opening the valve front get's the most gain (200fpe) an improved poppet is good for the nest 20fpe. Then you pretty well hit a wall, unless, you can do the needed fabrication work to make the barrel fit inside the "receiver" instead of the barrel having to slip around that pesky nipple. That is THE flow restriction. Really want to get into it (machining barrel) some gain also to be had in shortening the barrel just a bit on the loading gate.

Not much pointing porting this large as that barrel mounting nipple is about .25 ish so turbulence is created but they are fun.
909 valve (2021_05_10 08_17_41 UTC).jpg

slotted valve body:
909 valve entire (2021_05_10 08_17_41 UTC).jpg

John

Out of the original valve I was able with original transfer port I was able to get it up to 180 ftlbs got a leathal air valve and had to port out the receiver the smallest hole going into my barrel is .250 it has a heavier hammer and spring and will do 200 fpe now leathel air transfer port is quite a bit larger than the original only place I have left where I good gain some performance would be peek poppet valve I can't go any larger into the barrel or I'll be threw the oring sealing the end of the barrel

So to my surprise to went to rip into my recluse and found it was still holding air almost full I put in a 178 gr NSA slug got 722 out of it refilled to 3200 psi and I was up to 218 fpe at 745 fps with 178 gr so I'm not touching it I won't over fill unless I would have to prove it's over 215 fpe to use it for deer hunting if i ever get the chance in MN

Reactions: DirtyGator