• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
Ironic that you'd rant about a common spelling / grammatical error and yet have multiple capitalization and spacing errors in your rant.

In any event, sell vs. sale is nowhere near as annoying as lose vs. loose or loss vs. lost. As in:

"I'm going to loose my mind next time someone says 'my lost, your gain' in one of their for sale ads!"
Guilty..🤤

Reactions: yenniedn
Face it, education sucks in this nation. Basic grammar skills have been left on the floor along with basic math.
Texting and social media have been the death of basic grammar skills.
Auto correct on this site is horrendous. I don’t know if it is the site or my computer but I cannot post a simple sentence without re-reading it a couple time just to make sure I don’t have something written that may get e in trouble or have the spell police after me.

Reactions: Ezana4CE
Face it, education sucks in this nation. Basic grammar skills have been left on the floor along with basic math.
Auto correct on this site is horrendous. I don’t know if it is the site or my computer but I cannot post a simple sentence without re-reading it a couple time just to make sure I don’t have something written that may get e in trouble or have the spell police after me.
Is US history even taught anymore?

There’s a few more that stand out like nails on a chalkboard for me, but I never call the individuals out for them. Hell, I screw up ALL of the time (just ask my wife), plus I’Im sure it’s a translation issue sometimes, and at other times due to regional differences. “Brakes” and “breaks” are a good example. Neither “muzzle break” or “my car’s breaks” are correct where I’m from, but I see both used often by people living in Europe. Are those correct on the other side of the Atlantic from where I live? I don’t know.
How about “conditions“ vs “condition“ (as in: “rifle is in good conditions” ) which is one I see often? I’m not sure about this one either.
Another one I notice every time is the improper use of the past tense of a word. A couple of examples would be :”My house needs cleaned.” or “My car needs repaired.”
I do notice all of these, but beyond maybe causing a slight facial tick, narrowing of the eyes, and an involuntary head jerk, I don’t react.

Now all bets are off if I ever read: “The last time I drove my car the breaks were in good conditions, but now they need repaired.”
:)

Common misconception. I think it’s mainly an education thing. I recall trying to help another small business owner with her marketing. She would use “sale” instead of “sale” when I simplified things by explaining that “sale” is a noun and “sell” is the verb. She still insisted on using “sale” as a verb. I concluded that without a decent foundation in grammar (specifically verb conjugation) it is probably tough to comprehend simple explanations like this. I get it. I didn’t have a strong foundation either, but when I studied other languages, English made more sense to me.
pretty much what I was going to say.

Common misconception. I think it’s mainly an education thing. I recall trying to help another small business owner with her marketing. She would use “sale” instead of “sale” when I simplified things by explaining that “sale” is a noun and “sell” is the verb. She still insisted on using “sale” as a verb. I concluded that without a decent foundation in grammar (specifically verb conjugation) it is probably tough to comprehend simple explanations like this. I get it. I didn’t have a strong foundation either, but when I studied other languages, English made more sense to me.

pretty much what I was going to say.
Adjectives have ALWAYS been my favorite words.
Randy as a noun, meh. Randy as an adjective, now thats an interesting conversation.
"That AAA Paradigm makes me randy."

• Haha
Reactions: Ezana4CE