Sale of 30 crown and 35 Impact

I saw them. That member has not been a member here long enough to consider doing business with him/her. If it seems to be too good to be true, it probably is. The reason for selling and payment method sound bogus to me. I'd do a lot of research on the buyer protection of the required payment option and if there is none, like Venmo or others, I would absolutely not purchase.

I’d rather use a credit card than PayPal. Credit card companies won’t freeze your account if they find out you’re purchasing shooting related equipment. Also, because they don’t have policies that punish you for buying shooting stuff, it’s easier to dispute the charges should a problem arise.

I don’t view someone asking for a credit card as something to worry about, I look at it as providing me, the purchaser, with an extra layer of protection.

I also saw the ads. I must say that I have no evidence that the guy is not on the level. On the other hand, his only real posts are a burst of things for sale (apart from the required 10 posts back in the summer, basically one sentence responses to other posts. Not enough for me to make the leap of faith required for a purchase.

One good point though: usually a credit card purchase is much safer than a PayPal F&F one. Typically your credit card will refund your money and go after the seller if the goods aren’t’ delivered. In fact, getting an invoice (through square) and paying with a credit card is probably as safe as you can get here on AGN, and that argues in favor of the seller being legit.

One thing is clear, if these sales go through and he gets good feedback then he’ll be on the list of people to watch for deals!

Chris 

Lots of speculation here without ANY evidence so I will give you some. I bought one of the tanks from him and it's on his way now. GREAT guy to deal with. No PP because he has a merchant account and like others have said Credit Card is way better anyway much more secure than PP really. Those are GREAT deals on those guns if you want one I would get it now they won't last long. 

Exactly. With PayPal F&F you get ZERO protections from PP or your cc company and PP tells you this when you select that method. I don't care for F&F for this reason. Plus, having had PP frozen (the dreaded "you can no longer do business with PayPal" email along with nearly 30k of my money taken (seized) as the terms and conditions state up to $5000 fine per occurrence, it's simply not worth the hassle. Id rather pay a.flat 2% on Square with invoicing capabilities than risk my assets or capital being taken again by the leftist San Jose morons that can't leave their desk alone to pee without having a mental health evaluation of their safe space BS. The merchant account with PP has stupid fees anyways. If any of you would have bothered to ask me versus post on here about it, I'd be happy to give you plenty of references etc. Happy for those who got a great deal etc. I'm not here to screw anyone over, appreciate the vote of confidence. 

Has anyone else seen those two for sale in the classifieds? I'm in the market for a Crown but saying you can't take PayPal only creditcards scared me. Watch, I'll mess around and miss a good one. I just don't have the money to lose if not.

JPW

Maybe reach out to the source (ME) and go from there. Versus posting in open forum. I'd be happy to offer references. I've answered as many as 30 different questions from 1 buyer about a tank. Next time, go to the source. Makes for better business. Mostly the reason I don't post on the site at all is because of stuff like this all of the forums are the same and it is what it is. No one has the fortitude to reach out and ask directly, instead go about it in this manner. Direct question, direct answer. Best way to do business in general as well as navigating life. Maybe try it some time. You'll go further and have less angst along the way. 

Has anyone else seen those two for sale in the classifieds? I'm in the market for a Crown but saying you can't take PayPal only creditcards scared me. Watch, I'll mess around and miss a good one. I just don't have the money to lose if not.

JPW

Maybe reach out to the source (ME) and go from there. Versus posting in open forum. I'd be happy to offer references. I've answered as many as 30 different questions from 1 buyer about a tank. Next time, go to the source. Makes for better business. Mostly the reason I don't post on the site at all is because of stuff like this all of the forums are the same and it is what it is. No one has the fortitude to reach out and ask directly, instead go about it in this manner. Direct question, direct answer. Best way to do business in general as well as navigating life. Maybe try it some time. You'll go further and have less angst along the way.

Amen