• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Safety problem with RWS 93 (Cometa 220)

Hello all:

I bought an RWS 93 in .177 several years ago to use as a "guest gun" (to allow newbies to become familiar with air rifle loading and firing before letting them touch my good springers). The safety does prevent the trigger from moving backwards when the safety is engaged, but the rifle still will discharge if a moderate amount of pressure is put on the "safe" trigger. Any ideas what might be causing this? A defective sear, perhaps?

Thanks for any ideas you might have.

I am not familiar with this particular trigger group concept. One of my springers had a similar issue though -- the safety had some slack where it was supposed to block the seer from breaking. I shimmed it with a strip from the bottom of a pringles can (pepsi can was not thick enough). Problem solved. You may wanna take the action out of the stock, take a close look at the trigger group and safety concept, and experiment.

🐦