Safe Indoor pellet trap??

Airgun target system. Can take 1000s of pellets . Different types for different calibers. Look up stephen kenyon on Facebook 

1579191123_3741135145e208b53cce781.29267093_received_450554098923653.jpeg

Bought an inexpensive 220V fuse box at a local box store. Took off the hinged front panel and lined the interior of the remaining box with 3/8" Duct seal. Managed that by taking a thin, strong wire and slicing off thin strips of seal from the 5 lb blocks I have. Hand-kneaded the strips together to form a layer of seal covering the back of the fuse box. I can take the box outside, stand it on its end, and shoot to my heart's content as long as I don't exceed the power of my sub-12 ft-lb .22 Maximus. Seal keeps the noise of the impact quieted and reduces rebounds or ricochets to almost nothing (can't help when I'm shooting Hot Wheels or other hardened targets). Shooting a Crosman Challenger, a sub-12 Maximus, or a SSP BB gun at 25 yards is so satisfying. Seal catches most, if not all, of the pellets and BBs and remains usable for years.

With muzzle energy kept to 6 ft-lbs or less, using the box indoors reasonable too. I don't use it for the .22 Maxi since shooting those into the box at 10 meters results in bulging of the steel at the back of the box even with the Duct seal in place. The Challenger, my CO2 2300S pistol, Daisy SSP BB gun, and CO2 semi-auto in .177 all provide hours of fun on my indoor 10-meter range. Whether it's paper, aluminum, or plastic caps, the fuse box provides a safe, quiet way to enjoy low power shooting. Increasing the depth of the seal easily increases the capability of the trap to handle anything in .177, and with enough depth (> 1" throughout) even heavyweight .22 pellets are handled well. Cheap, durable, portable, fairly quiet, more capable with additional girth... sounds like an ideal husband - or pellet trap.

it took me 2 days to figure out that I had to select "link" to get back to these conversations! Garage is attached but get this the outside target is 60 yards from the garage and I can sit inside the garage open up the door and shoot right to it! now just to make an easy chair, cold drink station, heater as required, ahhhaaa. So I can shoot back intot he garage as well. I did a while lot of measuring yesterday and figured out I got a safe 75 yard target and a 100 yard target if i use my motherinlaws back yard next door with a safe back drop. nearest non-motherinlaw neighborr is 150 yards away. I guess i'm pretty lucky. Anyway the best indoor gun would seem to be a Beeman R7 in .17 cal with open sights else a BB pistol. Dang this hobby is sucking me in. Just ordered a Talon in .20. I did just get out of the astornomy hobby in which one can buy a lens for $700 so i guess the airgun hobby is not as bad! Dean

it took me 2 days to figure out that I had to select "link" to get back to these conversations! Garage is attached but get this the outside target is 60 yards from the garage and I can sit inside the garage open up the door and shoot right to it! now just to make an easy chair, cold drink station, heater as required, ahhhaaa. So I can shoot back intot he garage as well. I did a while lot of measuring yesterday and figured out I got a safe 75 yard target and a 100 yard target if i use my motherinlaws back yard next door with a safe back drop. nearest non-motherinlaw neighborr is 150 yards away. I guess i'm pretty lucky. Anyway the best indoor gun would seem to be a Beeman R7 in .17 cal with open sights else a BB pistol. Dang this hobby is sucking me in. Just ordered a Talon in .20. I did just get out of the astornomy hobby in which one can buy a lens for $700 so i guess the airgun hobby is not as bad! Dean

now I see, sorry guys, instead of hitting reply I hit quote and then it gets attached to what I want to reply to. got it. bear with me real new here.

You ain't fully in yet, just wait...... You go and buy a really good nail driver.... but the scope you have isn't to the quality to utilize the gun so you upgrade the scope but wait! Those scope rings are only single screw and not high rise so yep new rings crap here you are with this beautiful setup but no air so yep time to go find a good compressor ..... oh wait so much money invested in your set up only a fool would use a 20 dollar gun case ..... You cannot leave such an expensive set up just laying out in the open at home time to shopping for a good fireproof safe................................ NOW JUST WAIT A MINUTE I JUST GOT THIS DARN THING THE WAY I WANT IT AND THEY COME OUT WITH A MARK 2 😡

You ain't fully in yet, just wait...... You go and buy a really good nail driver.... but the scope you have isn't to the quality to utilize the gun so you upgrade the scope but wait! Those scope rings are only single screw and not high rise so yep new rings crap here you are with this beautiful setup but no air so yep time to go find a good compressor ..... oh wait so much money invested in your set up only a fool would use a 20 dollar gun case ..... You cannot leave such an expensive set up just laying out in the open at home time to shopping for a good fireproof safe................................ NOW JUST WAIT A MINUTE I JUST GOT THIS DARN THING THE WAY I WANT IT AND THEY COME OUT WITH A MARK 2 😡

Thanks, And you forgot the 200 pounds of 5000 pellets all in different weights, head styles, and calibers that now need their own cabinet - just finding that out as well... And if one pellet tinm does not work well in any gun I will need to keep getting more guns to find a gun that fits the pellet so as not to waist the pellets. And I learned not to shoot the 20 year old pellets for which the lead was now a bit corroded with white dust and the size had grown because of it. But dang this id fun! and why the heck is there a Mark II Diaoblo heavy pellet! Im really liking the idea of that ballistic rubber and thinking of making a holder for it that can be used inside and out sort of a wooden frame that collapses for carry and look here maybe one of these TV tray tables and just hang the rubber ballistic from it. I was wondering if BB's would bounce off that stuff and right back at me? Ill have to get rid of the plant that's sitting on that table... Hopefully the wife does not notice when its gone.

After watching EDGUN LESHIY'S latest video over on youtube i built this one myself, each one holds 1 pound of Duct Seal, SILENT SILENT and works like a charm. just ordered 3 inch Shoot N C targets which will fit perfect. I shoot inside my place from 13 Yards out and have my Lelya in .22 tamed down to 25% power. AMAZINGLY quiet.
1579447840_13095700225e2476203a67f2.25298233_IMG_1557.jpg

cool, thanks for sharing, got enough info for myself to coble up something... 

so, what is everyone's indoor range distance? I've been contemplating doing something in the garage but the longest distance I got is 22 feet. I remember shooting BB guns with my dad in the garage (1960's power levels) at around 25 feet into a homemade canted 1/2 inch plywood trap. Plywood was better back then... This would probably be okay for 300fps BB's, Now at 850fps with pellets I see we need to beef things up quite a bit. Thanks, Dean

I'm fortunate to have place in my home that allows me to shoot 10 yards. I'm using a Beeman R7 .177 most of the time which shoots around 700fps. Home made pellet trap. Great for those days when it's no fun to go outside.