Sad news for the airgun community..passing of Will Piatt

My sincere condolences to the Piatt family and friends because we've lost not a good man but a great man within our community. I met Will many years ago as a member of the Tar Hill Airgun Club and I must say that he was a friend to all, I can't say that he never met a stranger, he was a true friend to all. I was/am shocked also to have read an earlier post concerning his departure but I'm reminded of what the Word says, "For what is your life? it is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away." James 4:14 Even though he's gone, he will never be forgotten as a gentleman and friend.

Fleming 

Oh no! Will has been so awesome to me. He is one of the nicest people I have met. I started my jump into Field Target this year and he has taken every call, text, meeting that I have asked for. Was super happy to help me get started, give me tips, etc. 

I didn’t know him well, but that didn’t affect how he treated me. He treated me like he has known me forever, even from the first day I talked to him. He even reached out to me to give me advice, without asking. I have talked to him more this year than I have friends I’ve known forever. He will be missed for sure.

Nation, 

I was told that Will passed due to sudden heart failure, Thursday, June 2nd. From my understanding, his family will hold a private graveside service.

Everyone who has ever met him, talked with him, or have any contact in the past with him, please post it here.

It would be great honor to Will, and his family will get to see what a great all around man Will really was.

Tom Holland 

Field Target Tech 

Fieldtargettech.com

Super Bummed,...I grew up with Will in the airgun world.

Here is my story and connection to Will;

My first Airguns where Shin Sung and Sam Yangs and as soon I discovered Will I started sending guns to him, then one day I bought a Rainstorm .22 when they first came out and I told Will about it so he asked me to send it to him so he could have a look at the new platform,

He returned it to me nicely tuned and was so impressed that,...( in those days his To Go gun was an FX Cyclone) he sold the FX and replaced it with a Rainstorm.

The connection lasted until this week with me sending many guns to him for all kind of experimentations,

I even made Will a Rattlesnake backed Guava longbow since he was an avid archer amongst other things

I was planning to go visit once I made it to the Mainland and I'm very sad it will never happen.

Miss you Brother.