Sad dad Lost my Dog and friend Titus

This was my best friend Doggie. She only lived about two years but I loved her more than anything in that time. She was the only dog I ever had that seemed to know what I was saying and it seemed like she could read my mind. She's also the only one to ever make me cry when I buried her. I'd give everything I own to have her back.
Doggie - Copy.png

Reactions: SHOMER and qball
I think dogs don’t live long for a reason. If loosing them after 10-14 years is rough, losing them after 25-30 would be completely unbearable. I had to have 3 put down in my life. Last one was in 2018. I’m probably going to wait until dementia starts to set in before I get another one. Just can’t deal with the pain of losing them anymore.

Reactions: qball

The Rainbow Bridge Poem​

“Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water
and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together….”

— Author unknown

Thank you all my friends LOU and Colleen , I see you guys lost pets too I just got very attached like he was my kid he was family we used to even have coffee in am ,and when I grabbed a pcp gun before his coyote attack he would go crazy wagging and fly to screen door to hunt, I will always remember the hunts most
LOU
titus and me camo.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 273591View attachment 273592I dreaded today My dog Tiuse many of you guys knew , He hunted with me daily since I joined , He developed cancer and was not able to recover , We just had him put to sleep and burying him in back yard where we hunted , I am sad and miss him , but I just could not allow him to suffer , When I met my wife now 6 yrs ago she did own him and I lost my other dog years prior from a car and swore I would never get another dog due to fact they do not live long , I remember when colleen was moving here I said no to Titus but she could not place him , I got attached from day 1 , and we hunted I taught him and he used to love to hunt squirrels and when we got one he would run up back deck and int o kitchen and dro[p by stove and bark for Colleen to cook them , He was the best hunter ever , He will be missed here he is during some pics from things here

Also when we got married we drove across country and got married in Vegas and Titus was best man
I gave him best I could bye my friend /
LOU

View attachment 273590

@jwrabbit123
😔
Very emotional for me; we have an aging dog that has surprised the vets and is still around because he gets lots of love and support for his developing disabilities. I taught him to sniff out and retrieve squirrels. He's going blind now and needs lots of guidance; he waits for us to grab his collar or tail to descend/ascend stairs. He can still sniff them out once I lead him out into the yard and get him close.
He still gets excited when he hears the air rifle action working and the suppressed shots. I helped him fulfill his canine instincts, as you did with your dog. I will always console myself with memories of kindness and togetherness.

Lou, we have a pet same as Titus when I was in my grade school, I remember when he first arrive to our home, first night with us, he slept beside me bec he was looking for his mom and siblings, and kept on making noise, so I put him beside me and slept after, middle of the night he woke me up and he was pulling my shirt, then he was fine after that. We grew up at the same time, I remember he got run over by a car and he was injured really bad, we thought that he wont survive and he did, after that he survive for probably between 15 to 20 yrs, and the only regret about it is we didn't have any pictures of him, bec we don't have any camera that time. my brothers and sister still remember him to these days bec he is really a character by himself and he is really a part of our family.

View attachment 273591View attachment 273592I dreaded today My dog Tiuse many of you guys knew , He hunted with me daily since I joined , He developed cancer and was not able to recover , We just had him put to sleep and burying him in back yard where we hunted , I am sad and miss him , but I just could not allow him to suffer , When I met my wife now 6 yrs ago she did own him and I lost my other dog years prior from a car and swore I would never get another dog due to fact they do not live long , I remember when colleen was moving here I said no to Titus but she could not place him , I got attached from day 1 , and we hunted I taught him and he used to love to hunt squirrels and when we got one he would run up back deck and int o kitchen and dro[p by stove and bark for Colleen to cook them , He was the best hunter ever , He will be missed here he is during some pics from things here

Also when we got married we drove across country and got married in Vegas and Titus was best man
I gave him best I could bye my friend /
LOU

View attachment 273590
Never easy when you lose a beloved pet. Remember his unconditional love for you and your wife. He will live on in your fond memories.
I'm sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss, Lou. We just put down our 6th dog, four of those German shepherds, about three months ago. It never gets easier, so reading this post of yours I can truly relate and feel bad for you at what you and your wife are going thru.
A dog truly is a man’s best friend. All they want to do is be with you, no matter what’s going on inside of them or whatever ailments they have.