• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Sad 717 broke

As noted above, "Toys That Shoot" is the excellent airgun show that's been held annually in Findlay, Ohio, for many years. This year's was in late April. Unfortunately, the show's organizer passed away earlier this year, so no further events are planned.
there were blue flyers to the effect that a new venue and name will be held in Bowling Green OH . "toy's was a tradmark

i should correct "Toys That Shoot " was Copyrighted name , so the guys that are carrying on changed the name in Honor of the guy that died .

Last edited:
there were blue flyers to the effect that a new venue and name will be held in Bowling Green OH . "toy's was a tradmark
It sounds like they are adding what the blue flyer called "BB guns" to an established twice-yearly firearm show in Bowling Green. A hopeful sign, but I hope they figure out that traditional airguns and BB guns are two different collecting fields! (And Findlay was a great show for both, actually.)

There is also the Midwest Airgun Show coming up in Grove City, Ohio (near Columbus), on June 24. That is also a really good show, very nice venue and super easy to get to.

Last edited:
It sounds like they are adding what the blue flyer called "BB guns" to an established twice-yearly firearm show in Bowling Green. A hopeful sign, but I hope they figure out that traditional airguns and BB guns are two different collecting fields! (And Findlay was a great show for both, actually.)

There is also the Midwest Airgun Show coming up in Grove City, Ohio (near Columbus), on June 24. That is also a really good show, very nice venue and super easy to get to.
yes i will see you @ Midwest , I also go to Hickory NC show in OCT Small venue but a good show , one room 4 rows of tables .

Beerthief, I think you need to replace the valve assembly not just the valve. The newre valves do not match the older valve seat in the housing.The seat is cone shape and the newer valves have a roundplastic piece that goes into the seat. You will need to press the barrel out of the old seat and into the new assembly. The new valves fit the new seats. I rarely get a new valve to work in an old seat.

the valve barrel assembly is best test in a large bowl of water
if there is a leak it has 3 places to leak from
the tube large o-ring size 115 needs replacing
the valve stem the small o-ring in the valve needs replacing 005, there is an o-ring under the cap of the valve and i doubt that would ever leak
the barrel and that means the valve itself is leaking and that can be a problem
now i had one just last month that was leaking at the rear o-ring and could not get it to seal and did wrap the groove with on round of Teflon plumber tape and the was solved and was already mentioned
now the bowl of water
you have to keep the valve in the rear of the tube find something that fit the hole and try to put pressure in, the bubbles will tell you where to go
and if you do the rear o-ring do the front one

now the firing port
when the gun is fired the valve is held open when you bring the cocking handle back it moves part 17cocking link, back, closes the valve and sets the sear at the same time
and then you can charge the pistol if it is not leaking
the charging handle should stop or be very firm1.5 inch from side of the pistol when closing the arm when you are not charging the gun or after the gun was fired
you can dry fire these pistols by just pulling the bolt back and setting the sear
parts
parts are getting very hard to find, rear sights are impossible to find and repair, as stated V. Austin make beautiful grips for them
the screws are odd to Daisy do not lose them, when apart the safety will come out and you will lose the 3mm ball and small spring
barrels and valves are an unknown but JG doesn't have them, the parts are get thin and getting scattered around
any help needed message me
mike