Sad 717 broke

A 717 is a single stroke pneumatic made by Daisy, as a budget entry into 10 meter. There was also a 747, which I believe was a slightly finer upgrade from the 717

Tom Holland
Field Target Tech
Fieldtargettech.com
And a step above the 747 is the 777, Both of those models are upgraded with an adjustable trigger and a Walther Lothar barrel. The 777 goes a step further with a milled steel cocking lever, a metal rear sight vs the plastic on the lower grade models. This sight has an easily adjustible notch width. and last it has a nice grade walnut target stock. All that comes at the price of a lot more weight, but they are nice to shoot.

I still have my 717 from when I shot 10 meter pistol in the late 70’s & early 80’s. It’s a pretty basic design. Daisy may be able to still supply a parts list. I don’t know about parts for it.
Unfortunately no parts from Daisy. The internet is your friend, e bay, ect, search search and search. O-ring kits are easy to find, I found some kits, somewhere on e bay over a year ago that had white polyurethane O-rings and some flat split teflon rings/washers to use in place of the foam wiper that was used to hold a bit of oil. I think it used five of those split rings, and they do a good job of acting as a reservoir to hold a bit of oil for the cylinder and piston O-ring. I also found some extra bolts, not that I needed one.

If I remember correctly there is a long metal piece that extends up and must fit into the bolt for it to cock, It may be possible that that piece is out of place. I learned the hard way by trying different approaches in getting the trigger unit aligned. There is also toward the front a little U shaped piece that serves to pull the valve open to allow the compressed air into the chamber behind the pellet. I found with laying the partially disassembled pistol on it's side, muzzle to the left It was easy to see the relation of the trigger parts to the valve and the bolt. Sometimes it seemed as though three hands would have been a help getting it back together, but after doing a few it got rather easy.

Awesome pistols. Sorry about your problem. They are not complicated. Take it apart and diagnose the problem.
DAI717-722.gif

And a step above the 747 is the 777, Both of those models are upgraded with an adjustable trigger and a Walther Lothar barrel. The 777 goes a step further with a milled steel cocking lever, a metal rear sight vs the plastic on the lower grade models. This sight has an easily adjustible notch width. and last it has a nice grade walnut target stock. All that comes at the price of a lot more weight, but they are nice to shoot.
saw a 777 at findlay but already spent $$

Considering it's a "Daisy" these are remarkably good shooters. I have one and it's amazingly accurate, considering it sold for like $40 when new. I'd like to find a 777 for a decent price. Those things are like gold now. Don't be afraid to open it up. It uses two O-rings for seals and you can get all you'll likely need on Ebay or from JG.
Chris

Reactions: beerthief
I was at Toys That Shoot also. I had (2) 777s in their boxes for sale and got no interest. Both were in great shape with the acc. and papers but nobody even looked at them. I even had a 722 and a 747 in new condition in the boxes and no interest. Not sure why. I know Daisy still had rebuild parts for the 717s and even a couple Lothar Walther barreles last year because I bought alot of them but they ran out of a lot of 777 parts like grips and steel sights. Their parts are usually way cheaper than anyone else on the internet and Amazon but you have to call them and ask by part numbers. The ladies there are very nice and helpful. I can tell you the newer valves don't always seal well if the gun had the older style valves in them. I usually try to replace the whole assembly because the older valve seat is round and the new replacement valves are more cone shape so the air leaks out the barrel. Daisy sold the whole assembly and you swap out the old barrel. It presses out and in the assembly. If you need nice grips Vern Auston makes great ones that are very similar to the Daisy ones or the 777s lefty and righty.

Last edited: