• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Events Sacramento Valley FT Match Sunday April 25th Davis, CA - CANCELED & Rescheduled

This match has been canceled due to weather see next post for new date!

______________________________ 2021 Match Calendar ____________________________
Sacramento Valley Shooting Center Yolo Sportsman's Association
Sat May 22, 2021 Sun Jun 27, 2021
Sat Jul 24, 2021 Sun Aug 27, 2021
Sat Sep 25, 2021 No Oct Match Nationals in Morro Bay
Sat Nov 27, 2021

Come on out and join us for our April match at the Yolo Sportsman's Association, Davis, CA (right next to the Yolo Airport). We will set up a fun course and give you a chance to get out of the house and enjoy being outdoors among friends.

The weather is looking iffy at the moment, with a chance of rain for Sunday, but things will change by the weekend. If the status of the match changes I will let you know.

Location & directions:
Yolo Sportsman's Association, Davis, CA - http://yolosportsmanassociation.com (Click on the Contacts tab, the directions are at the bottom of page)

Turn left on the lane just in front of the announcement sign stay to the left and and proceed about 75 yards to the "specialty/cowboy range where we have our own gated parking lot.

Equipment requirements:
.177 or .22 caliber air rifle shooting at 20 foot lbs of energy or less. Almost all spring powered or piston air rifles qualify. Most .177 PCP rifles and most .22 PCP air rifles shooting 750 fps of less qualify.

The Game:
We will be shooting a field target match using knock down targets at ranges from 10 to 55 yards with bulls eyes from 0.5 to 2.0 inches.

Gates Open ................ 8:00 am
Course set up...............8:00 am
Regstn and sight in .......8:30 am
Match start:.................9:15am (approx)

Other information:
Match fees will be $20 per person 
Light lunch and beverages will be provided

Questions? Contact me at jimcyran "at" pacbell "dot" net

This Sunday's Match (April 25th) in Davis has been canceled due to a forecast of rain, cold and high winds. The forecast has not changed in 3 days (other than to get worse).

Cameron has volunteered the use of his ranch on Saturday May 1st as a make up date for the match and the weather looks a lot more enjoyable.

Match information Saturday May 1st
Kerndt Ranch
3480 Point Pleasant Road
Elk Grove, CA 95757

The match will be at the barn where the eucalyptus trees are. Parking will be available up and down the driveway and also past the barn where the travel trailer is (see image below). 

Set up begins at 8:00am followed by practice and match start around 9:15 - 9:30
Match fees will be $20 and we will provide a light lunch and beverages.

Hope to see you there
Jim

Kerndt Ranch-Marked.1619063819.jpg

Screenshot_20210428-091156_Maps.1619626797.jpg

Here's a screenshot of the property setup. 

Address is at the top! Drive past the house and go to the driveway up to my barn. 

I'd prefer for shooters to park in the red parking area, the fields are dry and perfect for parking in. This will keep the shady area available for us to hang out during the match and after for lunch. 

Orange line is the firing line. 

Blue is the target area. 

I'll have some picnic tables, and regular tables up for everyone's use.