• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Events Sacramento Valley Field Target Match Sunday August 22th Yolo Sportsman's Club

Match Calendar for 2021

Come on out and join us for our August match at the Yolo Sportsman's Association, Davis, CA (right next to the Yolo Airport). We will set up a fun course and give you a chance to get out of the house and enjoy being outdoors among friends. The weather is predicted to be excellent with high temps in the 80's (for the first time in about 2 months). We will be providing snacks, beverages and some finger foods for all.

Location & directions:
Yolo Sportsman's Association, Davis, CA - http://yolosportsmanassociation.com (Click on the Contacts tab, the directions are at the bottom of page)

Turn left on the lane just in front of the announcement sign stay to the left and and proceed about 75 yards to the "specialty/cowboy" range where we have our own gated parking lot.

Equipment requirements:
.177 or .22 caliber air rifle shooting at 20 foot lbs of energy or less. Almost all spring powered or piston air rifles qualify. Most .177 PCP rifles and most .22 PCP air rifles shooting 750 fps of less qualify.

The Game:
We will be shooting a field target match using knock down targets at ranges from 10 to 55 yards with bulls eyes from 0.5 to 2.0 inches.

Gates Open ................... 8:00 am
Course set up..................8:00 am
Regstn and sight in ........8:30 am
Match start:.....................9:15am (approx)

Other information:
Match fees will be $20 per person
Snacks and cold beverages will be provided
Questions? Contact Jim at jimcyran "at" pacbell "dot" net

We will also have freshly painted targets for your Viewing and Chipping pleasure.

DSCF0732.1629307582.JPG

LOL .. tho not quite this wild !!!!

I will answer that.

This will be the last year we shoot at Yolo but, it has been every other month for a total of four times this year.

Four or five more matches at Ione (Sacramento Shooting Facility) on alternating months.

At Diablo (Baypoint, CA) we shoot every month on the 3rd Sunday.

We shoot Silly Wet there on the first Sunday.

We shoot airgun fundays on Wednesday & Fridays and soon we will be having a benchrest Saturday.

Membership at Diablo is $25.00 a year. $1.00 for your significant other.

Members get free air tank fills from our Bauer compressor..

On average how many matches do you guys shoot out there a year?

The SVFTC does club FT shoots once a month from @ April till November.

State matches, Gran Prix events on the West coast constitute another 8-10 events if wanting to travel some.

Add to that the bay areas Diablo AG Clubs events you get Many Many more ways to shoot an Air gun for fun !!!

Thanks guys. I you can guess from my user name I'm in Napa. I have been to Yolo many times (but not for a match) but not in many years and I was member of Diablo and shot FT there 15 + yrs ago. Each spot is about 45 min from me in opposite directions. I use to live 10 min from the Baypoint range so am very familiar with it. I am getting my new HFT rig together to get back into it again and hope to join you guys out there in the near future.