Sacramento Long Range Silhouette Match This Saturday 6/10/2023

Hey Gang

Just want to let everyone know that there is a long range silhouette match this saturday in sacramento area.

When: Saturday 6/10 8:30am

Where: Sac Valley Shooting Center, Range 6
15501 Meiss Rd, Sloughhouse, CA 95683
https://goo.gl/maps/YGmwXerP1JRgn7tS6

Format:
Off the bench, need to switch bench between targets
10 targets each at 60, 80, 100 & 200 meters

Gun/ammo restrictions: 22/22LR only for RF and NO restrictions for airguns

Cost: $20

Range 6 is one of the private ranges so it's treat/luxury to be able to shoot there and have the range all to ourselves. It's a ton of fun, hope to see some of you guys out there with your slug slingers. I don't have permission to add events to calendar but this match usually happens on second saturday of even months.

Reactions: FNG Bigbore
Hey Gang

Just want to let everyone know that there is a long range silhouette match this saturday in sacramento area.

When: Saturday 6/10 8:30am

Where: Sac Valley Shooting Center, Range 6
15501 Meiss Rd, Sloughhouse, CA 95683
https://goo.gl/maps/YGmwXerP1JRgn7tS6

Format:
Off the bench, need to switch bench between targets
10 targets each at 60, 80, 100 & 200 meters

Gun/ammo restrictions: 22/22LR only for RF and NO restrictions for airguns

Cost: $20

Range 6 is one of the private ranges so it's treat/luxury to be able to shoot there and have the range all to ourselves. It's a ton of fun, hope to see some of you guys out there with your slug slingers. I don't have permission to add events to calendar but this match usually happens on second saturday of even months.
Hi Qball,
I was considering becoming a non voting member at the Folsom Shooting Club.
I believe you are a long time member of this club.

My main focus is to shoot distances beyond 300 yards with my new Altaros M24.

Can a non voting member shoot at range #6, the silhouette range, just for practice shooting? Or only during a match?
I also heard that a shooter must demonstrate a tight group at 100 yards before allowed to shoot at 200 yard targets?

I appreciate your time.

Rod in San Francisco

Hi Qball,
I was considering becoming a non voting member at the Folsom Shooting Club.
I believe you are a long time member of this club.

My main focus is to shoot distances beyond 300 yards with my new Altaros M24.

Can a non voting member shoot at range #6, the silhouette range, just for practice shooting? Or only during a match?
I also heard that a shooter must demonstrate a tight group at 100 yards before allowed to shoot at 200 yard targets?

I appreciate your time.

Rod in San Francisco

As a none voting member you can only go to the public range which is 100 and 300 yards. In order to access range 6 you have to be a voting member or know a voting member to go to the private ranges with you. Or go to the matches.

As a none voting member you can only go to the public range which is 100 and 300 yards. In order to access range 6 you have to be a voting member or know a voting member to go to the private ranges with you. Or go to the matches.
qball,
Thanks for the intel. So far, I sent in my non voter membership and also reached out to Sloughhouse Long Range Benchrest club. Sloughhouse invited me to shoot at range #12 a the next meet. However, since they use electronic targets at 600 and 1000 yards which needs a subsonic impact to read the shot, I won't be able to compete. Neither of my long range airguns impact the targets at subsonic speeds.

Now, I'm looking for a shoot club who would invite me to shoot at range #6 for a silhouette match.

qball,
Thanks for the intel. So far, I sent in my non voter membership and also reached out to Sloughhouse Long Range Benchrest club. Sloughhouse invited me to shoot at range #12 a the next meet. However, since they use electronic targets at 600 and 1000 yards which needs a subsonic impact to read the shot, I won't be able to compete. Neither of my long range airguns impact the targets at subsonic speeds.

Now, I'm looking for a shoot club who would invite me to shoot at range #6 for a silhouette match.

You just need to show up for the silhouette match, no need for an invite. Email Dan who is the match director and keep in mind that every other month is off hand match instead of long range match. This Saturday’s match is canceled due to the rain.

Last edited: