• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

Saber Tactical TRS Rail POI Shift

I love the way it looks but have had point of impact shift with every over barrel bipod I’ve tried. This makes using the TRS for a bipod useless. I have an m3 sniper with a 700cc tank and the saber tactical arca rail and think that weight on the 700mm barrel is causing the 2 to 3 inch change in POI. A barrel band may work but they’re so ugly. Is their a known fix before I purchase a barrel band or am I just out of luck?

You using the barrel clamp? Believe that is what causes the shift with an over barrel bipod.

Otherwise, it shouldn't be touching the barrel to cause a poi shift.
Yes barrel clamp is on it does not touch barrel. If I’m shooting off hand or on my tripod or bipod on bottom it’s zeroed perfect and shoots MOA groups once I use a bipod connected to the TRS it’s impact is shifted it shoots high and horrible groups. I also have a m3 compact with a Gigi rail on it basically the same thing as the TRS is does not shift I think with the short barrel there’s no flex like with the long 700mm barrel.

Yes barrel clamp is on it does not touch barrel. If I’m shooting off hand or on my tripod or bipod on bottom it’s zeroed perfect and shoots MOA groups once I use a bipod connected to the TRS it’s impact is shifted it shoots high and horrible groups. I also have a m3 compact with a Gigi rail on it basically the same thing as the TRS is does not shift I think with the short barrel there’s no flex like with the long 700mm barrel.
That's what I meant, remove the barrel/shroud clamps on the trs and problem should be solved. The TRS is def not stiff enough to not flex when an overbore bipod is used, maybe the compact version is. The gigarail is stiff and shroud clamps were specifically avoided because keeping it somewhat light and rigid enough to not flex is next to impossible.

Yes, I had one custom made then after the flex decided not to use it.

20220718_104051.jpg

Which over the barrel bipod do you use and how do you like it?

Allen