Saber Tactical releases the new FX Impact Fishing Kit Today!

The world's best airgun just became that much more versatile and robust with the new FX Impact Fishing Kit from Saber Tactical!

Fishing-Kit-1.jpg

Now you can enjoy the joys of bow fishing, but with the pull of a trigger! This kit can be added to any FX Impact (including older Impact generations) and turn your Impact into a fishing rig. The kit includes everything you'll need to convert your Impact into a pneumatic fishing rod - all you'll need to include is a proper fishing reel and the optic of your choice (we recommend a red dot sight). For more information watch our overview video of this new kit:

Look for more info to come soon including a video from IraqVeteran8888 with David from Caza Y Pesca putting the an early prototype of the kit into action down in southern Florida

FX Air Bow Fishing Kit.jpg

According to Saber Tactical this kit is shipping to dealers now!

Fishing-Kit-2.jpg

Now, this'll spark some interesting conversation with the DNR. I'll have to chat my local office up, but I believe in my state, they would consider this a spearfishing rig...in which case I'd have to be completely submerged as well as my impact to use it. 😂

Sidenote: did FX USA buy saber or something? Odd that a primary manufacturer is doing product release announcements for an accessory company.

Last edited:
Now, this'll spark some interesting conversation with the DNR. I'll have to chat my local office up, but I believe in my state, they would consider this a spearfishing rig...in which case I'd have to be completely submerged as well as my impact to use it. 😂

Sidenote: did FX USA buy saber or something? Odd that a primary manufacturer is doing product release announcements for an accessory company.
Nope, we just have a good relationship with them (and really with all the 3rd party vendors making gear for our guns). This project was so innovative and unique that we wanted to help get the word out on such a great product. You try it, and you'll never want to fish a different way again ;) (yes, yes - realizing what you can fish with it is limited depending on where you live, but we're here next to the inter-coastal and have plenty of ways to use it luckily!)

I would attach a one-point sling for safety.
Always gotta have that One-point! haha.

@woogie_man Lol you can't enjoy shooting from rifle and bow with a friend? Double the fish! haha. I would love to give this a shot. I have never been able to bow fish before, little intimidated by it, but I feel trying something similar with a rifle could be a lot of fun let me understand what it's like and cross over into bow fishing, hell now I got a whole new hobby. FX are you talking to my credit card company??? There must be a conspiracy going on here...

• Haha
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Always gotta have that One-point! haha.

@woogie_man Lol you can't enjoy shooting from rifle and bow with a friend? Double the fish! haha. I would love to give this a shot. I have never been able to bow fish before, little intimidated by it, but I feel trying something similar with a rifle could be a lot of fun let me understand what it's like and cross over into bow fishing, hell now I got a whole new hobby. FX are you talking to my credit card company??? There must be a conspiracy going on here...
I have lost many an arrow to the stumps and logs under the fish. That and my bowfishing bow was $80 not $2000. Like someone else mentioned above, I would be curious what the DNR would think of this being as it is a rifle. There may be restrictions on using such a device, and I would suggest people check before they use this attachment and get their rifles confiscated or worse.

I have lost many an arrow to the stumps and logs under the fish. That and my bowfishing bow was $80 not $2000. Like someone else mentioned above, I would be curious what the DNR would think of this being as it is a rifle. There may be restrictions on using such a device, and I would suggest people check before they use this attachment and get their rifles confiscated or worse.
Can't be a rifle with no rifling in the arrow holding tube! :rolleyes:

It would be arrow fishing, not bow fishing lol. I'd want to check with the game wardens first before I lost my vehicle for poaching
Yes, this was my point. You can call it an air bow or whatever you want, but in my state, they define speargun. By doing this to my impact, I would be using a speargun. The 'but it's called an airbow by the manufactuer' defense won't work with the conservation officer...

Really try not to be a downer but with airguns being more popular and prevalent, we don't exactly slide under the radar anymore. Spearguns fall into an entirely different subset of rules in most states...including fish species that can be targeted. But hey, if your state wildlife/DNR officer confiscates your impact, that would be a sweet 'catch' at an confiscation auction! 😂