Saber Tactical Pro Universal Bench Monopod - ST0069

I just saw this on the ST web site, and I have been interested in it for almost two years. We (Dave Wilson @dwilson050) and I got to try one of the prototypes out at RMAC 2021, so it has been in development for quite some time. Knowing Thayne and Val, I'm sure they didn't want to release it until it was just about perfect, and both have been using it this year at the 100Y BR tournaments that they have dominated. Looking forward to trying out the production model - I've ordered one already and hope to use it at EBR.

ST Universal Bench monopod

ST 0069 Universal bench monopod.jpg

It looks great and I bet it works great too. I don't think my home made one works as well but it didn't cost nearly as much either. My monopod uses 4 1/4 inch all thread couplers. Two are welded together and are ground at the top to fit into an Uncle Mike's sling swivel base in the stock. That provides the elevation. I can use different lengths of all thread pieces to get about any elevation I need and have about 1.5 inches adjustment. Two couplers are welded together at right angles for the windage adjustment. Crude by comparison but it works.

windage adjustable monopod.jpg

windage monopod on 22.jpg

Reactions: Centercut
It looks great and I bet it works great too. I don't think my home made one works as well but it didn't cost nearly as much either. My monopod uses 4 1/4 inch all thread couplers. Two are welded together and are ground at the top to fit into an Uncle Mike's sling swivel base in the stock. That provides the elevation. I can use different lengths of all thread pieces to get about any elevation I need and have about 1.5 inches adjustment. Two couplers are welded together at right angles for the windage adjustment. Crude by comparison but it works.

View attachment 388158

View attachment 388159
Actually it looks great and comfortable.

I just saw this on the ST web site, and I have been interested in it for almost two years. We (Dave Wilson @dwilson050) and I got to try one of the prototypes out at RMAC 2021, so it has been in development for quite some time. Knowing Thayne and Val, I'm sure they didn't want to release it until it was just about perfect, and both have been using it this year at the 100Y BR tournaments that they have dominated. Looking forward to trying out the production model - I've ordered one already and hope to use it at EBR.

ST Universal Bench monopod

View attachment 388096
It is a pretty nice device. I ordered one and then found out the buttstock on a Delta Wolf or Alpha Wolf won't fit the hook.

It is a pretty nice device. I ordered one and then found out the buttstock on a Delta Wolf or Alpha Wolf won't fit the hook.
20151023_170814.jpg

I have a Targetshooting.com 1000LP rest that has an adjustable front and rear bag for both elevation and windage It a very nice piece, made in the USA. With it's rear bag pinching adjustment and interchangeable bags your stock should fit. I would think the rear bag would be a better contact surface than just a hook.

If your situation requires a 2 piece rest they also make the Mini Rear Rest. I don't have one and it's pricy. But probably very nice.

Bill

20151026_101307.jpg