• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW Rapid Saber Tactical Chassis for RAW HM1000X

I was wondering if anyone has tried one of these on their RAW yet. I have two RAW air rifles in the chassis version with a Grey Ops full length arca rail on them. The only thing I don’t like is that the Grey Ops rail is quite flexible as you can easily push it up against the air bottle so mounting a bipod out there isn’t very stable.
While I’m not crazy about how the Saber Tactical chassis looks I like how the bottom rail is supported by the tall sides all the way out to the front so it appears it would be very stout all the way to the front. Has anyone used one that can confirm or deny that? Thanks

I was wondering if anyone has tried one of these on their RAW yet. I have two RAW air rifles in the chassis version with a Grey Ops full length arca rail on them. The only thing I don’t like is that the Grey Ops rail is quite flexible as you can easily push it up against the air bottle so mounting a bipod out there isn’t very stable.
While I’m not crazy about how the Saber Tactical chassis looks I like how the bottom rail is supported by the tall sides all the way out to the front so it appears it would be very stout all the way to the front. Has anyone used one that can confirm or deny that? Thanks
IMG_5374.jpeg

Zach, have you tightened the M-lok nuts snug/tight enough...maybe it's not flexing but the M-lok nuts are moving on the Gray Ops rail? I have one but have not seen any flexing on mine. The thick aluminum shouldn't be flexing. I have 2 picatinny rail mounts attached on my rail, one almost to the front and one mid length and use an ACCU-TAC bipod with double legs extensions with no flexing on the front one when I ground squirrel hunt. Hopefully that's what's causing the flexion...?

H'mmm....I am wondering if there are longer M-lok screw's available, that way one could shim it and create a larger "gap"? Will have to research this.....
Hadn’t thought of something like that. My problem is that with a bipod out front it still isn’t real stable because of the flex. Maybe I could lean into the bipod and preload it.

Hadn’t thought of something like that. My problem is that with a bipod out front it still isn’t real stable because of the flex. Maybe I could lean into the bipod and preload it.
Zach, that sounds like it could work! Mine does flex when I pushed/pulled on it, thank you for that info/observation, but I would have to put a large load on the most forward front of the rail for it to hit the bottle on mine, much more weight than the rifle itself. I use an Accu-Tac bipod with double leg extensions in the field, I usually use the front end picatinny adapter but will use the mid one now....LOL! Won't make a big difference in stability I would assume since each leg extension is about 12" so with 2 attached, it is quite long. I am surprised Gray Ops didn't make it deeper but more hollow for rigidity.....maybe the second gen models will...😂

Reactions: Zach
I have received the Saber RAW tactical stock Today 12/8/23 Marketed as for RAW HM100O.
The stock is a very nicely machined item, however the HM1000 action will not fit into the stock ☹️ the bottom plug recess in the action is only compatible with the HM1000X action, even if the bottom plug recess was elongated ( slotted) to suit both actions the HM1000 with the standard ‘V’ quick fill and gauge will not fit as the “V” will foul the stock.
This is very disappointing as it was purchased specifically for a HM1000. Project build.
With just a little more thought in the design this could have been a real winner.
Luckily I have a couple of HM1000X rifles so it will be used.
On a positive note you can remove the action from the stock without removing the bottle 👍, I think it looks great👍
and the rail is very stable with a bipod fitted.
So be aware folks this will only fit the RAW HM1000X rifles. I hope this is useful.
ATB
a not so Happydude.

IMG_2238.jpeg

I have received the Saber RAW tactical stock Today 12/8/23 Marketed as for RAW HM100O.
The stock is a very nicely machined item, however the HM1000 action will not fit into the stock ☹️ the bottom plug recess in the action is only compatible with the HM1000X action, even if the bottom plug recess was elongated ( slotted) to suit both actions the HM1000 with the standard ‘V’ quick fill and gauge will not fit as the “V” will foul the stock.
This is very disappointing as it was purchased specifically for a HM1000. Project build.
With just a little more thought in the design this could have been a real winner.
Luckily I have a couple of HM1000X rifles so it will be used.
On a positive note you can remove the action from the stock without removing the bottle 👍, I think it looks great👍
and the rail is very stable with a bipod fitted.
So be aware folks this will only fit the RAW HM1000X rifles. I hope this is useful.
ATB
a not so Happydude.

View attachment 379983
,I have just bought one and as you say they are lovely, is that an AR pistol grip , mine won’t fit

If you want to stay light, you could attach a piece of 3/4" x 2" x L" to the bottom of the chassis, and then screw in your preferred bipod mount at the end. That's waht I did to get a good hand rest for offhand shooting. However, I just bought some 18" long pieces to attach the same way so that I can use as a bipod mount that will go slightly past the end of the bottle. The picture below should give you an idea of what I'm taking about. Just imagine the wood extending another 10" towards the front.

Both RAWs.jpg