• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Venturi Saber Tactical Chassis for Avenge X Tactical

The Saber Tactical chassis is what the OEM production Avenge X Tactical should have been to begin with or similar. Who does their designs for Air Venturi?? I am guessing Springfield Armory. (I think I read it somewhere.) One of the weaknesses of the Avenge X Tactical version OEM stock is where it screws into the rear stock connecting base it is a very weak composite plastic and mine broke off when the rifle took a dive accidentally. I think what Saber tactical has done with their design in regard to this area was to make the threaded stock buffer tube receptor of machined metal making it less susceptible to breaking and making it more durable. I like the Saber tactical chassis for the bottled version alot but $300?? I feel is a bit steep. If you think about it, it cost almost as much as a Avenge X 25 cal (tube version) rifle! I would consider $200 or less for what it is otherwise I will stick to OEM chassis just be more careful next time. I really think after a year or so Air Venturi should canvass Avenge X owners about if you could make this rifle better what would it be?? type of survey. Imagine if they even listened, and applied owner improvements on the Avenge X platform how much better a value and even more robust this rifle can be. I would probably sell the 1st gen one and get the more improved one. That's just me. It is a great rifle I have to say, but can be improved. Just listen to the owners they know best.

Watch this: https://images.app.goo.gl/aPqfHfroLiipWh8J6
Show less

The Saber Tactical chassis is what the OEM production Avenge X Tactical should have been to begin with or similar. Who does their designs for Air Venturi?? I am guessing Springfield Armory. (I think I read it somewhere.) One of the weaknesses of the Avenge X Tactical version OEM stock is where it screws into the rear stock connecting base it is a very weak composite plastic and mine broke off when the rifle took a dive accidentally. I think what Saber tactical has done with their design in regard to this area was to make the threaded stock buffer tube receptor of machined metal making it less susceptible to breaking and making it more durable. I like the Saber tactical chassis for the bottled version alot but $300?? I feel is a bit steep. If you think about it, it cost almost as much as a Avenge X 25 cal (tube version) rifle! I would consider $200 or less for what it is otherwise I will stick to OEM chassis just be more careful next time. I really think after a year or so Air Venturi should canvass Avenge X owners about if you could make this rifle better what would it be?? type of survey. Imagine if they even listened, and applied owner improvements on the Avenge X platform how much better a value and even more robust this rifle can be. I would probably sell the 1st gen one and get the more improved one. That's just me. It is a great rifle I have to say, but can be improved. Just listen to the owners they know best.

Watch this: https://images.app.goo.gl/aPqfHfroLiipWh8J6
Show less
I agree with you. The X platform is perfect for modular upgrades. I would love to develop an alternative chassis for the X but it’s a lot of time to invest and I suspected there would be a lot of options hitting the market. My Idea was to make an MJF printed chassis at a more affordable price point and to stiffen the front in with a low profile mlok or arca rail.

Reactions: 17dean