Air Arms S510 magazine won't snap in

This seems weird. I just bought an Ultimate Sporter XS in 177. One magazine fits easy and works fine. The second magazine does not seem to lift the retaining latch. I tried the mags with and without pellets. One is butter smooth, the other won't raise that latch or go all the way in. Both look like factory magazine, I bought this used/unfired. Any ideas?
I probably want more mags anyway, is there a good source to buy a couple?

This seems weird. I just bought an Ultimate Sporter XS in 177. One magazine fits easy and works fine. The second magazine does not seem to lift the retaining latch. I tried the mags with and without pellets. One is butter smooth, the other won't raise that latch or go all the way in. Both look like factory magazine, I bought this used/unfired. Any ideas?
I probably want more mags anyway, is there a good source to buy a couple?
First - you prob bent the retaining clip.... gently bend it back or request to send it back and have it replaced... pics help

The gentleman that sold me the rifle actually included a Rowan single shot adapter. I also have a single shot sled that I got when I purchased the foster fill adapter. But, I kinda like the magazine loading.
As a side I was shocked that it did not shoot the JSB 10.3 grain pellets well, and it absolutely shoots the Norma 9.1 grain heavy pellets lights out on mid power setting. I'm glad because I have a case+ of the Norma. I think I paid 3 bucks a tin of 300 rounds on a closeout at Norma. I think shipping was even free, but that was 2 years ago, and I might be wrong.
I had a handful of 400/500s, but this Ultimate Sporter seems to really hold well offhand. It is not as quiet as I expected though, but far from loud.

Reactions: cavedweller
Is it made of plastic or alloy?
They are very high-quality plastic with stainless steel pins. They look like metal. I have them for all my Daystate's and BSA's as well. A real pleasure with which to load from the bench or tri-pod.

BTW, you don't need those high mounts, as shown in the video, to use the single shot adapter. I use BRK 30mm low mounts on all my Daystate, BSA and AA rifles with the Rowan single shot adapter. Plenty of clearance.

1707259035447.jpeg

same with the magazines - - - BRK low mounts

1707259120949.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: spinj