• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AEA S45 Turns into a Bolt action…?

Happy Friday! Hope everyone had a nice week! I have a question, I was about to sell my s45 but wanted to make sure it was in tip top shape before mailing it out. I went to a warehouse to perform some dry fire tests and it seems to not be firing in semi auto, only 1 shot before needing to pull the charging handle. Has anyone else experienced this issue/have a potential remedy? I took a video which I uploaded below. Also I think this was shot at about 2.6k psi, maybe as low as 2.2k.

FYI This could potentially be user error. I literally only ever shot this gun once prior and that was like ~1yr ago.

Last edited:
Solution
As I understand it this may be the case, but the pin on the s45 is particularly vulnerable to breaking. Another guy had an aluminum piece machined to solve.
Yeah I saw that, appears the original had very rough machining.

🚨ALSO FOR THOSE WHO HAVE THIS PROBLEM IN THE FUTURE🚨

I reached out to Jason (Bin’s tech support/engineer), he said minimum pressure is 3k. Gun operates extremely high.
So you are not supposed to dry fire the S45, it usually ends up breaking the valve pin. You can also damage it shooting too low of pressure. They are known to also have trigger reset issues after a while. Try loading it up with air and ammo and see what happens...
Thank you for your feedback. There was a recent discussion regarding dry firing PCPs. I think it was determined that in general dry firing isn’t that much more damaging than live fire.

Thank you for your feedback. There was a recent discussion regarding dry firing PCPs. I think it was determined that in general dry firing isn’t that much more damaging than live fire.
As I understand it this may be the case, but the pin on the s45 is particularly vulnerable to breaking. Another guy had an aluminum piece machined to solve.

Yeah I saw that, appears the original had very rough machining.

🚨ALSO FOR THOSE WHO HAVE THIS PROBLEM IN THE FUTURE🚨

I reached out to Jason (Bin’s tech support/engineer), he said minimum pressure is 3k. Gun operates extremely high.

Solution
Ah. That's good info and makes sense in your situation. Thanks for sharing that bit too. I've been looking at getting one and obviously have concerns with the types of failures this gun gets. Don't mind doing work on then to get them right, but also don't want to pay $1500 for a project with no guarantee. The amount and frequency of jams I saw with one of the you tubers who was using it was concerning, along with the posts about it. Even still, it's a very appealing platform and if some of the kinks were worked out I'd have already bought it.