S rod maraudar

For you guys shooting a .25 cal S rod and are using JSB or Air Arms 25.4 gr pellets how many fps are you shooting? 10 15 and 20 yards I can pretty much do 1 hole but after that it is like a shot gun. I have had the power up and down, changed scopes and mounts and cleaned the barrel. It has been this way form new. I have shot roughly 1000 + pellets in hits gun. I have had the power as low as 750 and as high as 850 fps. The only thing that i have not done is changed the o rings and changed the stock. So....before I send to out to a tuner I thought you guys could give me some idea on what to try next. Would a heavier pellet help or a light pellet help? I am almost sorry that I bought this gun. I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Sounds to me like your pellets may be de-stabilizing past a certain distance. Maybe the rifling "wears off"?

If/when you DO send it out to a tuner, be sure to let him know what your expectations are. 1/2" @ 50 yards?

I have a .177 Marauder, but I don't know what 's rod' means, either. Here are a few of my targets. Top 3 targets were shot at 35 yards. They were shot seated, from the field target position. (not benchrest) so the gun will do better. They're not one hole, but they're "kill shot on a squirrel accurate." What are your expectations?

Mine has been all over from 850fps-980fps with 25.39s. Accuracy for me with the JSBs was best around the 880's (but not by much).
As far pellet selection.....you should be getting pretty good accuracy with JSB 25.39s?
Most if not all .25 owners that I read about seem to get excellent results with the JSBs.
Other pellets that have been known to be liked by the .25 GM barrel: Benji Domes, Eunjin 43g (under 50yd), some report great groups with polymags.

Might want to get your .25 tuned for a good shot count or (max fpe if that's what want)....then see what pellet groups best out of your barrel.

Have you kept your shot groups within a certain ES%, eg 2 or at least 4? I dont think I read where/how you were shooting, rest, sand bag, bipod, etc. The syn stock has some flex to it, so check your position on the rest and how much stress you are possibly putting in any one direction to obtain your position. Probably not your issue, more likely from a bipod and dramatic shifts in POA.