S. Florida / Iguana Slo-Mo

Technically a miss, far too much jumping around. Sorry but I call them as I see them. That lizard has a really small brain hard to hit.
Dunno. The shot does look high, but fatal. I've hunted so many iguana I can tell you that even a well placed brain shot doesn't guarantee you'll anchor them. I've seen some pretty heavy twitching and thrashing for a short period (even after a "perfect shot") and sometimes I rely on that to shake themselves out of the fronds/canopy.

I never saw the little green one until flipper started performing.
It is my understanding reptiles are harder to stop dead in their tracks than mammals. I seriously doubt there was much brain left. After seeing that I would opt for a larger caliber just ti increase the impact area. maybe you have restrictions that make a 177 a better choice?

It is my understanding reptiles are harder to stop dead in their tracks than mammals. I seriously doubt there was much brain left. After seeing that I would opt for a larger caliber just ti increase the impact area. maybe you have restrictions that make a 177 a better choice?
They are tougher than squirrels by a TON. I only take them with 22, and even then they are tough..

Reactions: Billinoregon
I normally dont use a 177, but it was the closest rifle lol....I live on 2 acres with a canal that backs up to it in South Florida. They are everywhere. I shoot 1-4 a day but only if they are 50 yards+. My goto is the .22 cal.

Technically a miss, far too much jumping around. Sorry but I call them as I see them. That lizard has a really small brain hard to hit.
You are right 100% - it was off the sweet spot/dead switch. Although high (went thru the eye), it was fatal... I normally dont use a 177...it was just the closest rifle I could get to. I live on 2 acres with a canal that backs up to it in South Florida. They are everywhere. I shoot 1-4 a day but only if they are 50 yards+. My 22 MK3 is my preferred rifle...although the Panthera 22/700 may become my favorite for 100+ yards; its been stellar at 100-170 yards so far (slugs).