• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

S&B 12-50 MkII vs. Kahles 10-50 FT vs. March 10-60 HM for BR/FT

Well, them aint really budget friendly scopes. Folks buying those kinda scopes usually don't got a budget. Now if you'd looked through a march and fell in love with it, that would be one thing. But for a .177 cal rifle, some might say (myself included) that you may be impulse buying to make yourself feel good. I'm guilty of doing that myself. I aint you, but I've been where you're at, and i gotta say, for the $ the Athlon Ares 15-60 sitting on my pellet gun, is just as good of a tool as any of the 3 scopes you've listed, and you can use the rest of your budget to buy 2 or 3 more of em after you fall in love with the first one. This response won't set well with many, and i can probably list at least 5 that will respond to this comment with how wrong i am. That's ok, to each their own, but at the end of the day spending 3-5K on a scope won't make any gun shoot better.

On sale now !

I've never spent time behind a Khales, but I have the other two, and for what we are doing with these guns as far as FT ranging, and benchrest target, i've been real happy with the above made suggestion.
I’ve found for <20 HFT at age 67 that more numbers along the reticle really helps

Reactions: dgeesaman
How does it do for rangefinding in field target situations?

I've heard very good things about the Valdadas but never in a field target setting. Since this scope needs to do both, I leaned toward scopes with some field target background.
I’ve selected the Sightron 4-20x50 s-tac with mh4, reticle not a high end scope

Reactions: dgeesaman