• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Beeman Rx2 for dummies

Long story short, important lesson learned from Lewis concerning the accuracy issues I have been having with the 22 rx2. First off it’s important to reach out for help from more experienced members because they have been there and done that. Check your bolts, screws and that means all of them lol. The problem was simple ( pivot bolt) needed another shim. All is well. Thank you Lewis!

Thank you for the kind words. You are very skilled and experienced. It's just easy to overlook some things when you are in the middle of an issue. We are all better together! Ask my wife how many times she has to point out where the Mustard is, right in plain sight in the fridge! I'm glad it turned out to be a simple fix. Next we want to see its first squirrel!

Last edited:
The best thing my wife helped me with is how I was ( opening animals) during trapping season. My old way was laying it on the floor , bend over and make the initial cuts, hang it on a chain and pull the fur off . Which is all good if you’re a young man and have no back issues lol. Wife is watching and says why don’t you put it on the table to open it 🤔. Thinking to myself hmm that’s a good idea! Then she goes and buys me a electric winch and I mount it to the ceiling and make a clamp to hold the hides down and the winch does all the work. By the way she can skin a raccoon if she wants.

Did you measure the forks? Are the forks bent? Are they parallel? That's common on FWB 124's
The best thing my wife helped me with is how I was ( opening animals) during trapping season. My old way was laying it on the floor , bend over and make the initial cuts, hang it on a chain and pull the fur off . Which is all good if you’re a young man and have no back issues lol. Wife is watching and says why don’t you put it on the table to open it 🤔. Thinking to myself hmm that’s a good idea! Then she goes and buys me a electric winch and I mount it to the ceiling and make a clamp to hold the hides down and the winch does all the work. By the way she can skin a raccoon if she wants.
I always used a small gambrel that I carried in my vest when coon hunting. Always so much easier when they're still warm. You can pull hides right off, even deer. And then very little if any fleshing required. Didn't work on rats caught in a kill set. I'm sure you can strip out tails with two sticks.
Do you save the "coon bones" for a necklace?
The fur trade is one of our greatest traditions and what brought the natives out of the stone age. The counterculture always seeks to destroy our traditions.

Reactions: fishing43
Did you measure the forks? Are the forks bent? Are they parallel? That's common on FWB 124's

I always used a small gambrel that I carried in my vest when coon hunting. Always so much easier when they're still warm. You can pull hides right off, even deer. And then very little if any fleshing required. Didn't work on rats caught in a kill set. I'm sure you can strip out tails with two sticks.
Do you save the "coon bones" for a necklace?
The fur trade is one of our greatest traditions and what brought the natives out of the stone age. The counterculture always seeks to destroy our traditions.
I have saved ( bones) for toothpicks lol. When fur trapping I’m doing 10-30 coons, 3-8 coyotes, plus otter , beaver and muskrats every evening . So every little bit of time saved adds up. I have skinned beaver in the field because there is not good handholds on those heavy suckers lol. If you want some bones send me a pm