• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RWS52 shot string after new compression chamber, seal and sitting for 6+ months

This past spring my ES was very wide on this gun and it was suggested to me to replace the compression tube so i did.

Initial test shots looked only slightly better so I set it aside until this week. After sitting 6 months or so I wondered what it would do. I fired 1 shot to test the speed and started recording the shots after that.

75 degrees in the basement during the test. I am QUITE happy with the results. It was mentioned that sitting for so long the new seal likely conformed to the shape of the compression chamber. Whatever it was, I am happy.

http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a474/AndrewyChase/RWS52%20Nov.%2013%2012.30_zpsl5nizoo4.jpg

It is a heavy rifle, so don't pick it up often. The biggest problem is the collection of airguns I have keeps me from shooting any single gun often. I NEED to thin the herd to get to a manageable number.

I do hope it groups as well as it throws the pellets out the barrel. Maybe this week the winds will be low enough for me to see if it unseats my other 177's in the accuracy department. Competition will be tough as currently I shoot my CFX best with the TX200 HC very close behind it. The TX is new to me, so still need to work on it.