• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Diana RWS trigger

I have a problem with my RWS 34 trigger! It pulls from 1 1/2 to 2 3/4 and I never know which will show up. It pulls straight threw the first stage with no noticeable stop. It has a date on it of 02/02,.177,plastic trigger and plastic safety lever and the trigger guard has one hole in it. I"ve seen that there is three different triggers on these rifles.

Thanks jccams, I"ve seen some 34s with marks on the tube for which trigger they have. Mine may have it on tube, but it may be covered by the mounting base that came on the rifle. When I come across some details on how to adjust the T01& T05 I'll pull it apart. May take it down anyway as I"ve had it since 02 and its never been apart for clean or to relube it. After I got a HW 97 I put the 34 away. Now the 97 gotten to heavy for a walking around rifle. Thanks binski

Reactions: Frogy
How many adjustment screws are there? T01 will have 2, TO5 only has one. They are drastically different triggers.
What is the trigger on my 1991 Diana based on your theory?

DSCN8758.JPG

T-01 is an excellent trigger, Been to long ago fo me to walk you through one from memory tho.
Google around a bit. Different weight pulls sounds like it needs a good clean & lube. Fun! 3 really neat ball bearings inside the cage you'll enjoy dealing with ( not really to bad the grease will hold them in place for reassembling). You will want "dummy" pins and a spring compressor (have done it without one but Not recommended).
Seems like front screw all the way in and a longer screw in the rear spot worked well.

Or David Slade is a master on these triggers.

John

cjtamu, thanks for the reply. There are two screws. The screw nearest the buttplate seems to change the pull weight and the front screw when turned out makes the trigger inoperatable,(is that even a word)! Thanks binski

Take a look at the bottom right illustration showing how too loose of a front screw can render the trigger inoperable.

I found this website when googling spring tuning kits for my Diana 48.

http://www.eddiecolwell.tzo.com/RWS-54.htm

triggerfunc.jpg

Reactions: Northwoods22
What is the trigger on my 1991 Diana based on your theory?

View attachment 385267
It’s not a theory LOL. T01 trigger has 2 adjustment screws. T05 only has 1, 1st stage travel is all you can adjust. T06 also has two. T01 is a ball sear trigger, the other two aren’t. A 1991 gun would generally have a T01 trigger. Does you gun have a safety? For some guns like D48 it’s possible for trigger to be switched by changing piston out. There are also a few Diana guns that had a completely different trigger, can’t remember which. But far as I know T05 is the only one with just a single adjustment screw. Look at Racer X’s diagram. People get the adjustment jacked up frequently.

It’s not a theory LOL. T01 trigger has 2 adjustment screws. T05 only has 1, 1st stage travel is all you can adjust. T06 also has two. T01 is a ball sear trigger, the other two aren’t. A 1991 gun would generally have a T01 trigger. Does you gun have a safety? For some guns like D48 it’s possible for trigger to be switched by changing piston out. There are also a few Diana guns that had a completely different trigger, can’t remember which. But far as I know T05 is the only one with just a single adjustment screw. Look at Racer X’s diagram. People get the adjustment jacked up frequently.
Yes, my Diana has a safety and it's definitely not T01 or T05 trigger. I heard the opinion that in my photo is an early (prototype) T06. This is Diana 30 (1974-2023) with Lothar Walther barrel (MSRP $1400).

DSCN8714.JPG

DSCN8721.JPG

Last edited:
Yes, my Diana has a safety and it's definitely not T01 or T05 trigger. I heard the opinion that in my photo is an early (prototype) T06. This is Diana 30 (1974-2023) with Lothar Walther barrel (MSRP $1400).

View attachment 385382

View attachment 385384
That’s one of the gallery guns? I don’t know anything about those. Couple guys on here with the Oktoberfest but I don’t know if the triggers are similar. Possible MDriskill on here would know. Best bet might be to post on GTA and see if Hector Medina has any info.