• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RWS model 25

As you can see rom the Pyramyd blog, the gun was made by Diana in Germany. Very nice junior-sized rifle that was manufactured from the early 1950's to early 1980's, with a very similar model made for many years before WW2. About a 500 FPS gun with light .177 pellets.

The gun was made in two variants. The model 25 has a simple, non-adjustable trigger, and this is what yours appears to be (and in really nice shape I might add). The model 25D had the adjustable ball-sear trigger that Diana fitted to their top-of-the-line sporters in the day, an outstanding feature for a kid's rifle. It will have a production date in "MM YY" format, stamped in tiny characters on the left rear receiver

Diana historically sold these guns to many distributors and in many markets, resulting in a proliferation of brand names being stamped on them. RWS was used by the main US importer beginning in the early 80's (I think) to this day. The all-metal sight on this late-production rifle is a really outstanding feature, IMHO one of the finest factory sights ever fitted to any kind of rifle, period (the gun in the Pyramyd posts has an earlier sight that was mostly plastic). That and the RWS name identify it as a pretty late-production example.

The 25 will never be worth zillions of dollars, but these older high-quality junior guns seem to be increasing a bit in value. Even without the "D" trigger I'd say at least a $125 rifle.

Agree with that - the fees add up really quickly and then there are the buyers that decide to start griping about every tiny flaw they couldn't see in the pictures, threaten bad feedback and/or starting Ebay dispute resolution process, and basically extort you into a partial refund...but that's a rant for another day. 

Anyway, as mentioned above, this isn't directly comparable with the Model 24, which is larger and more similar to the Model 27 or more recent Model 240 - basically all are Diana approximate equivalents to the Weihruach HW30. The model 25 (like the even smaller 23) is sized for younger shooters and has a less sophisticated trigger as mentioned above (unless you're lucky enough to get one of the "25D" variants). Still, cool little guns!

Agree with that - the fees add up really quickly and then there are the buyers that decide to start griping about every tiny flaw they couldn't see in the pictures, threaten bad feedback and/or starting Ebay dispute resolution process, and basically extort you into a partial refund...but that's a rant for another day. 

Anyway, as mentioned above, this isn't directly comparable with the Model 24, which is larger and more similar to the Model 27 or more recent Model 240 - basically all are Diana approximate equivalents to the Weihruach HW30. The model 25 (like the even smaller 23) is sized for younger shooters and has a less sophisticated trigger as mentioned above (unless you're lucky enough to get one of the "25D" variants). Still, cool little guns!

I've been pretty lucky with my Ebay sales. Haven't had to refund any money for sold items.