RWS Hypermax pellets

In an attempt to start considering the need for some decent non lead pellets (Due to the looming lead pellet ban in the UK) I decided i better get to testing a few makes. There is not many available yet so the testing was just based on a few makes.

Conclusion….they were all rubbish…(H&N Coppa points, beyond words bad) but these Hypermax 5.2 grain were not…in fact exceeding any lead pellet i have ever shot, especially as i have never found pointed pellets that accurate. I had imagined the very low weight, would give rise to issues with retaining energy, or wind bucking ability but no. Apples and Tin cans were all torn clean through at ranges upto to 20 yds, with surprising big exit holes….even more so than Wadcutters. I concluded there must some additional effect of the extra hardness of the pellet material.

The pellet seemed to have a more consistent moulding, pellet to pellet when compared to my top brand Lead pellets. Not cheap however, 200 pellets approx the price of 500 JSB RS ..my usual pellet and one of the more expensive brands. These came in a plastic box with each pellet separated from the next one. ….which may have helped the accuracy.

9FAC3853-DC9B-44E9-85BF-A26C8D96B580.1631980235.jpeg