Tuning RWS Excalibre - Feeding issue

Hi all,

New to the Nation, but long-time airgun shooter form Uk and now on OZ. I won a beautiful .22 RWS Excalibre which until recently was a 50m plus rabbiting tack-driver. Took it out today and found that JSB pellets were not feeding, with the bolt being VERY difficult to close. Upon firing the pellets were spiralling out - clearly having been damaged - and groups were erratic at best.

Wondering if anyone has had this occur and what the fix might be. The magazine looks to be indexing ok, but I think that the indexing might not be perfect hence the damage to pellets and forceful bolt closure. The magazines are original to the gun and have not given me problems before.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Blowpipe.

Try lighter pellets. Those old FX made guns don't usually like heavy pellets proof is when you really have to muscle the bolt closed.

Lucky you didn't jam a pellet stuck inside the breech.

Try Crosman pellets specifically the pointed ones in 22 you might just get phenomenal accuracy. Webley powapell is the rebranded name of the Crosman pointed pellets if you have access to them in your area.

JSB now got real poopty QC stop using the once popular accurate shooting JSBs in 177 and 22 all ready. People in the know will tell you they are crap now days.

Thanks Warlord. So this is weird, the magazine indexes freely when empty and the probe is neither bent or damaged. Icyeld the mag several time with no issues. When i dropped pellets in (of various types) the catching started again. I have also run felt cleaners down the bore on a rod to see if there was any lead caught.....nothing.

I think that my next step is remove barrel and receiver and extract bolt to take a better look.

Again, thanks all for advice.

Blowpipe.

Hi all,

Decided to bite the bullet and attempt to strip the rifle down over the weekend, removing the receiver and barrel assembly. The strip down was not so hard but I found that you tube was of no help as all Excalibre strip downs only deal with the lower air cylinder and not the receiver and barrel. Found some help on Fx owners site, however. I pulled out the barrel from the receiver and found that there is an o ring that forms the seal with the probe in the brass barrel extension This internal ring was damaged and quite stiff, so I pulled it out, and replaced it with a new one that I lubed with silicone grease. Gun is now feeding a treat again. Hope this is of use to anyone else with the same issue. Took the opportunity to clean all parts and re-grease with moly grease.