RWS Diana M-52 needs suppressor.. how?

Has anyone put a suppressor on their semi shrouded bbl side lever RWS Diana models like my M-52? I find a few challenges including grooves cut into the top of the actual bbl. The shroud comes 2 1/2 inches short of the muzzle after removing the muzzle weight which should allow a bbl mounted adapter of some kind. There are no bbl threads. I find no offerings in the usual places but something must be out there.

Next, I also want to buy a spring kit to increase the power of this 22cal rifle and would welcome any recommendations or experiences you have had.

Thanks,

Tom

For an LDC, you'll need to measure the OD of your barrel. I got a couple from a seller in Poland on Ebay that worked for for a couple of mine but DonnyFL here in the US is one place that makes adapters and might well already make something that will fit your barrel so you can screw a 1/2-20 UNF LDC on: https://donnyfl.com/collections/adapters

He also sells LDC's so while it might be pricy, you could one stop shop. If you have a good gunsmith/shop nearby, you might also ask if they can thread the end of your barrel for 1/2-20 UNF.

For spring kits, everyone has their own preference but both ARH and Vortek make replacement kits. Which you finally decide on is totally up to you, but I poked around a bit and came up with these to at least get you started on the search:

ARH: 

https://www.airrifleheadquarters.com/catalog/item/251488/6962763.htm
https://www.airrifleheadquarters.com/catalog/item/251488/8533197.htm

Vortek:

http://vortekproducts.com/ourstore/PG3-TUNE_KITS?product_id=386

Hopefully other members reading who have used any of the above will chime in with more info and experience.

First off, removing the barrel IMHO would take someone like Hector to know how. Second of all I don't think a suppressor will really do that much. I have a Beman suppressor on my d52 and it just doesn't do much. It is a slip on that has a compression fitting that tightens on to the bare barrel. You might find just a slip on adapter would keep moving on the barrel due to the double recoil the d52 has.

Spring guns have way to much mechanical noise to make a supressor worthwhile. You will find little to no improvement, especially on a magnum springer. Many of us old fa..t..timers have experimented with this over the years, Vortek even made a nice unit years back but had very little sucess..pumpers and pcp rifles see big improvements but springers, not so much!!

They make a difference, but that difference is downrange. Probably a bigger one if you have nothing on there at all. I have a couple on springers and had a friend (for the wiseasses, yes I actually have a couple...lol) shoot while I stood downrange in a safe place to just listen and downrange it is quieter. Granted, mine were inexpensive versions, but I know of a couple people who use LDC's from DonnyFL and say they do make a difference at both ends. 

While a very good tune will eliminate some of the action noise and a moderator will lessen some of the muzzle noise, you'll never totally be rid of it. Maybe search the forums on the subject. I think someone actually did some testing with a decibel meter and posted before and after findings, just don't recall which forum it was on.

Steve,

Thanks very much for the links to the spring kits, just what I wanted and I will be buying one. Regarding the addition of a suppressor it seems others have done this but I’m not finding these online. The factory muzzle weight came off with some effort and the bbl OD is .600”. I see that DonnyFL offers their model A-38 adapter in 15mm but that seems to be .24mm’s too small and still requires a moderator. Listening to other responses it sounds like someone makes a suppressor for this model with an integrated slide on grub screw retained unit, and if anyone can send a link to this product It would be appreciated.

I get that springers are louder than my moderated pcp’s but have had success quieting some others. I’m an old guy on 5 acre’s but still don’t want to disturb my neighbors.

Thanks,

Tom