Rws Diana 34 from Numrich .177

A6C5FE2E-84D0-429D-9260-FFA85BB191DC.1631922462.jpeg
So, I bought one of the rws 34 on sale at gunpartscorp (numrich), and I am pleasantly surprised. For 199.99, I feel like I found a real Diamond. It was double boxed and shipped secure. I did miss one of the ball bearing detents for the rear sight and the barrel crown was a little rough looking. I got a replacement ball bearing for free from the local machine shop and used a little abrasive and brass screw to touch up crown, although it really didn’t need it. It is grouping the same before and after the brass screw treatment, very good using crosman premier hollow points. Although simple, the rws 34 feels slim and easy to handle. 

‘This quest for a cheap springer in .177 was spurred by lack of good ammo in .22 and AOA and their sale on the rws 3400. I’m glad I opted for the diana 34, the trigger is very adjustable and the barrel accuracy is very good (It needed a good cleaning right away). I purchased the .22 walther parrus at AOA when they where on sale, although powerful, the trigger was not adjustable and I found the rifle to be heavy and cumbersome. I am very happy with the Diana 34 from numrich. 
48092B16-9698-413C-B457-248CAEEF08DA.1631922345.jpeg
2C912B7C-14E4-434F-AEEB-C0114939F94A.1631922346.jpeg
AD9A7919-474E-48C9-8E91-5412243DC760.1631922348.jpeg

I’m sending mine back to numrich. I think I got a lemon. The cocking stroke feels and sounds like metal to metal grinding. It shoots great and I was hoping it would smooth out with use but it’s not getting better and I’m afraid it’s causing further damage. 
I also bought the 350 magnum and while it takes more cocking effort and holding technique, I love it. I’m sort of a glutton for punishment though, .177 magnum springers with open sights are my favorite!

I live in an area that suffers from severe wind 365 days every year and I have found slinging heavy.177 lead fast is much less susceptible or drift than similar weight .22. You can obviously go even heavier with larger calibers but then you start lobbing at longer distances. I definitely like bigger bores for hunting bigger game and loooong distance but still mostly enjoy .177 springers.

My Diana 34 that I ordered from Numrich (Gun Parts Corporation) came October 2nd. I was anxious to open it as others have indicated that the one they received was a RWS branded Diana.

To my relief mine is a Diana 34 T06 Classic in .177 cal. No where on the rifle, the paperwork, the manual, or the box are the letters RWS. 

Original factory packing and to put it lightly.....I'm pumped.
grin.gif

Oh, I just checked, Numrich doesn't have any more of the Diana 34 rifles in stock. 

First off, before I answer the question, the 34's are now gone. Only the 350 is left. It was, indeed, good while it lasted. Looks like 34's are now relegated to the used market, unless you can find some from Canadian suppliers.

Back to the question, RWS is just an exporter. The RWS branded Diana's are all true Diana's. Apparently, RWS lost the contract. Exporters marketing Diana guns is nothing new. Older guns an be found with the additional labels Original, Gecco, Geccado and Condor, to name a few. And both Beeman and HyScore sold Diana's under their brand name. They are all the same, maybe with the exception of minor cosmetic touches.