• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Diana Rws 6G

what they sell for and what they worth could be and most of the time different
as an owner of TOO many model 6's and one that works on my own i have some knowledge
so, a 6G has a blue Book price of 325.00 in 100% and that is a fair price, but now if you bought that and it needs seal and you can't do the repart add 200.00 buck tom that price and you are way underwater
so, can you just take the 200.00 off the price, which is the cost at Umarex or was plus shipping 2 way not really
but i wood take off 40% in value
if you are selling who care it is the buyers problem
if you are buying, the fact that it is in need of work you have to find a middle ground
most seller have not a clue about these Giss guns, they are dry firing them shooting them with bad seals and that is damage can occur

if the gun is in great shape that is a bonus, if it has the wood target grip it adds as much as 80 bucks to the value, my opinion
if the rear sight is not starting to crack better yet
if it comes with all of the front sight insert great
if the plastic grips have not started to degrade, they will get soft and you can scrap the plastic with your finger nail
and one last thing
people say that the pistol is hard to work on and the answer is yes because you will not have the knowledge and the right tools but if you have the knowledge and tools they are very easy to work on
and parts are hard to find at good prices and here in the states very hard
the front seal at JG airguns is 35.00 and it is red more then likely came from ARH oversize and a bitch to work with
a seal from Chambers is 10.50 pounds and blue the shipping is not that much
the seal at Waffencenter is 10 euro shipping will break your back
now why did i show this pricing so you know that a 10 euro seal in Germany that has mark you is not worth 35 bucks in the state

the front seal is used in all model 5's, all model 6's, the model 10, the p5 and lp8 and the model 70-72 rifle

more info than you wanted but there it is

Reactions: Pale_Rider
the reality is most of the Diana Giss pistols that come up for sale are guns that have been in a closet for 20 years with their factory seals in them
the new owner cock the gun without a pellet and list it is shooting strong, just the fact that they have no pellets will tell you they have no idea what they have in their hand
you do see from time-to-time ones that have been rebuilt but few
as a collector i pick and choice and early on i would see something and thought i would never see another but that is not the case
being in a hurry and being a collector should never cross paths, if you have an unlimited amount of money then who cares but the budget mined have to wait
if you are interested in the model 6 start collecting parts learn about the pistol to the point you could repair it
if you always have to send out your guns this can be a very expensive hobby not that it is already

Thanks for the replies. I asked the seller to run a pellet through it, but the claim was they do not have any. So without that verification I have to assume a reseal and David Slade gets $175 plus shipping both ways. So with a bid of $163 plus $12 shipping I had to let it go. Maybe it will shoot fine and someone will get a reasonable deal.
It may need more than seals. Does the gun at least cock and fire? What's the cond of the stock, etc. So lame that the seller can't try to put a pellet thru it. That's like the idiots who try to sell an amplifier and say "not sure if it plays". Assume the worst. You were smart to pass.

FWIW - A few years ago I sold my 6G (I was the orig owner) on this site for $150. It cocked and fired but wouldn't discharge the pellet. It needed seals, but bluing was perfect and there wasn't a scratch on it. Beautiful pistol but I hadnt used it in decades. The new owner was very pleased.

ALSO .. keep an eye out for the Winchester 363 ( Top Right )
It was a Diana 6M in a proprietary plastic RH thumb rest stock.
Here is mine i picked up a few years ago as a non shooting closet queen ... Actuality like it better than my OEM 6M ( Mid left )

thumbnailb.jpg

ALSO .. keep an eye out for the Winchester 363 ( Top Right )
It was a Diana 6M in a proprietary plastic RH thumb rest stock.
Here is mine i picked up a few years ago as a non shooting closet queen ... Actuality like it better than my OEM 6M ( Mid left )

View attachment 387586
Thanks Scott. This GISS system has me very interested. I'm glad I didn't jump on the first one I saw. I am just going to keep my eye out for something. What about the original model 6?

Thanks Scott. This GISS system has me very interested. I'm glad I didn't jump on the first one I saw. I am just going to keep my eye out for something. What about the original model 6?
Can't say I've heard of a base "6" but always found them as 6G / 6M & the 10M
Diana DID USE the moniker of "Original" on some export models. In those days you would find Diana GISS models marketed by different firms of which in the USA the RWS branding was popular, as was Winchester. There are others but there names in my mind have been long forgotten.
Surely it's likely as they were making them since the late 60's / early 70's as i recall.

The "5" series FYI is just a basic spring piston gun and not the opposing piston GISS system ;)

the Winchester 636 is a Diana model 6
the next Model 6 was either a G or M in an aluminum grip frame and was changer to the plastic grip frame at some point not sure when
the Model 6 in the full Plastic grip frame is very comfortable in the hand and is also found as the Hy-Score 816M
Diana Hy-Score Beeman
6G 826M 800
6M 827M 850
10 819SM 900
the Diana Collective is still there but one post much on it
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/the...f184474/?sid=dbc946a7c1b1c39702be44fcce68a119

so, the model 6 and 6G-M are the same, grip frame not included, yes, the last ones had a textured rear sight vs smooth
the cocking linkage pin was a plain pin in the model 6 and in the G-M it was and pin the was knurled at the center of the pin
the pin was pressed in and the knurling cut the smaller hole and it makes the pin a SOB to drive out, you will wish you had an arbor press
when i reassemble the knurling is reduced so it is finger push in snug
without that pin being a problem, you can disassemble a model 6 in about 10 minutes 2 to 3 day to soak and clean up and whatever it takes to reassemble

you first hurdle on reassembly get the seals on the piston, sounds easy well it is not
you need to make a tapered dowel a way to hold the dowel on the piston, glue dots, how to push the seal on, socket, and something to push it on with, clamp, squeeze or threaded
so, you might say glue dots ????, it is my way to hold the dowel
will you get this done in one try, most of the time NO

just some info about two of the areas that you would face on your rebuild

oh i did mention clean up
the back seal will never be bad and i have been tempted to reuse but never have
the front seal has turned to the consistency of waxy epoxy and is a SOB to cleanup
seeing that the barrel has been taken off you find or make a container to put the tube in standing up
and use rubbing alcohol and let it soak
take a 7/8 dowel, broom handle and cut and slot in one end and that is your scraper, soak and scrap, don't be in a hurry
i have in al mine taken a cable dremil tool with and 7/8 cup brush to do the final cleaning and then take that dowl you have been using to scrap with and it becomes your patch holding tool to clean the tube until it is prefect and then clean it one more time and alcohol is used

okay enough of the tips use them remember them or not but you get the point, knowledge is your friend with and model 6

mike in Washington state

I bought my 6m a couple of years ago for $250.00
Like all 6M, it shoots high..
I had to get a new front sight from JG cause someone stole mine..

View attachment 387845
Yes on the shoot high .. as in there "By Design" configured to place POA above the blade at muzzle.
To work around this issue i used a WILLIAMS peep at rear which sit lower to receiver than factory notch sight.

thumbnailc.jpg

but the high-low problem is all controlled by the breech seal
mounting sight on a model 5-6-10 is almost impossible because the mounts are not around anymore, you could find a Unicorn faster
i have made mounts out of some pieces that were on Ebay but it was more proof of concept then these are prefect
https://www.ebay.com/itm/192258428863
the other problem was screws and an empty tube was handy to get that right
the plates are ugly but clean up and also a dead match in width to the factory sight so you have a drilling fixture or a way to automatic center punch the metal
the screws are m3 with 4mm in thread length, the heads were reshaped so a weaver adapter would slide over them, again a project that was proof of concept, was never needed but i have lot of model 5 and 6's

i think a small reflex sight would work well on these a 2X scope as use on these a Willian sight for sure which one is your choice all it is, is a game of what about this could it be done
you see the one with two sets of holes, it ended up too far back, so the two extra holes made it lighter

just info Guys nothing more
SAM_0560.JPG
SAM_0561.JPG
SAM_0562.JPG
SAM_0563.JPG
SAM_0564.JPG
SAM_0565.JPG

Reactions: Ed99