RWS 54 AirKing -OR- Diana 56 TH?

Proof that I have absolutely lost my mind is in this post, which reveals I'm considering adding to my collection. I have become obsessed with these semi "recoiless" sidelevers thanks to YouTube, forums, et. al. -- tho' I really don't need a new gun.

Regardless, I'm looking for voices of experience to compare and contrast these two choices.

Yes I know they are both heavier than an Abrams tank. That's fine. Doesn't matter to me.

I'm more interested in performance -- and noise.

It appears the 56TH is semi-shrouded, and I'm wondering it it makes the gun any quieter suburbia wise -- and which my be a better choice for field target IN .22 CAL shooting hunter or open class.

Thanks folks.

I own a Diana model 54 in.22 with T06 trigger and it is dead accurate to 60 yards with cheap Crosman Premiers 14.3 grain pellets in it. I have not tried JSB 18.1 yet. Probably even more accurate in 54. The 56 is sexier but more expensive and heavier than 54. On the 56 I think that is a muzzle weight for balance. I don’t think it quiets the gun but I could be wrong.

Just My Opinion, I own the 54, had it tuned By John Thomas, I'm mostly a PCP Shooter, however, the 54 has blown my mind, mine is a 177. Since you are willing to to spend the extra money on the 56th, why not buy the 54 and have it Tuned? Most of the noise is mechanical, the 54 has a low report, most of the report/noise is experienced by the Shooter, When I shoot my 54 with my buddy who has a tuned 56, from 10-15 ft away, it's hard to tell which one is being fired.

I have both, they are the same powerplant and both are HEAVY. The 56 is just over 11lbs with no scope or mounts. You may not be able to use it for FT in .22 without detuning a bit. My 54 is slightly above 20fpe and my 56 is hot at 24+fpe.

Here are some of my sidelever recoiless.

1541024213_12440630765bda29d5e42d10.54895956_147 Side levers- RWS54, 56, FWB 150T, 300ST, 300S...JPG

Not to threadjack but...

I have and love both as well. They are the same from a noise aspect. The 56 may be easier to mount a moderator to since it has a threaded end. My 56 was tuned and setup by Hector Medina and I will likely be putting it up for sale to pay for another PCP I probably shouldn't have purchased. Hit me up via text at 707-362-7711 if interested.