RWS 48 .22 vs Jack Rabbit

Well after some help from a good friend with putting my range card together I have my .22 RWS 48 dialed in fairly well. I am for now using the 13.43 JSBs exact jumbo rs pellets. I was hoping to get a heavier pellet to work for me but for now it will be this pellet. Velocity is at 767ft sec. 
I have to give my son credit for getting this rabbit also, he ranged it at 103 yards as I readied the gun. We both had a good chuckle at this rabbit at the end of the day. 
JSB -13.43g Exact Jumbo RS

Velocity FPS-767

POI- rib cage

Muzzle energy= 17.5478 FPE. 

Good shooting! That is a stretch for a springer but well done! My D48 likes the JSB Exacts in the 15.89 gr flavor. Actually it shoots the RS and 18.3 gr JSBs ok as well but the middle weights have the advantage in energy so... Hope you can get the heavier pellet to shoot as it is a bit flatter shooting with the higher BC. You should do the NUAH (nuthin' under a hundred) challenge over at GTA. Last time I looked springers were under-represented in that thread.

That country looks like panhandle country around western Oklahoma or north Texas... Grandfather had a ranch out there.

Anyway, you are going to want a rear peep that is just a bit taller than the one below. Also the front post is quite wide but can be touched up with a file and some Aluminum Black from Birchwood Casey to give you a slightly more narrow profile. No hood on the front sight is a frustration as well.

Thanks Oldspook, I looked at the skinner sight but no luck there so I most likely will just put a Williams on the 48 and see what I can do with what you suggested for the front sight. About the country I got the rabbit in... I live in Utah, 20 mins West and I am in the desert country, 20 mins East and I am in the pine forest so I am in kind of a transitional area. Born and raised here and still enjoy it other than the explosion in population. Tried talking the wife into moving to Alaska but she wanted no part of that hahaha.

"LNielsen"Chances are Smaug you would lose that bet. I have shot competition IHMSA a few years in small bore and big bore so 100 yards open sights would not be unrealistic for me to make a kill shot. These magnum springers are brutal on scopes so my decision is to find a good peep sight and give it a whirl. Thanks for your input on the UTG scope though.
When I was in service we were transitioning from the M14 to the M16 and still shooting the M14 qualification course. At 450 meters a standard silhouette is about one third of the width of the front post in an old school M16. I could hit three out of four at 500 yards with that rifle. They actually taught us to range by comparing the width of the person to the width of the sight. If the target is as wide as the front post, he is at 150 meters. If he is half as wide as the front post he is at 300 meters, one third is 450 and one quarter is 600 meters. Anyway, tales of a misspent youth. ;)

Another member posted a link to RWS/Diana rifles site. Nice guns. I got the Hammers 3-9x32AO scope with mildot reticle for my Hatsan Striker 1000x (wood stock) .22. It's the springer version & the Hammers 4-bolt mounting rail is good so far. I got it on amazon for $48.91 against sale price of $52 with points off my amazon/chase card. It's made for springers, so you might try that one? They have it in 40mm as well. Here's a pic of it on my Striker;
IMG_0209.jpg