• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Rust on my FXImpact MK2

Hey guys just wondering why I'm getting rust on my FX Impact, I keep it in the case with the foam it came with and the case is stored in my closet. There is no moisture getting Into the case, that I know of, and I always wipe it down with a dry micro fiber cloth after hunting with it. If anyone has any tips on how to safely take the rust off and prevent it from happening, I'd appreciate it thanks.

20210821_180703.1629594919.jpg
20210821_180659.1629594923.jpg
20210821_180649.1629594924.jpg

I have had rust on several of my guns from moisture and ended up using REAL fine steel wool soaked with oil an rubbed the spots very lightly. As far as preventative I bought rust- free plastic gun bags that have a special coating inside them that did the trick. Never had a rust problem since. The gun only needs to be in the bag and doesn't even need to be sealed. So I just put my gun in the bag and then put it in the case with the bag on it. Just Google "rust-free gun bags" and you should be able to find some. Get the thinner ones as they form around the gun better to get it into the foam case. 

Reactions: Dangon092
With all due respect quit storing your gun in a foam lined case. That case is for transportation not storage. Foam attracts moisture and putting a warm or cold gun into that case and closing it will create condensation. For storage, a gun safe that is temperature and humidity controlled is best. To remove some of the resulting rust, start with a soft, clean rag with a bit of oil (ballistol is my suggestion). If the rag doesn't remove all of the rust use a fine steel wool with ballistol and work the rust areas LIGHTLY. After each shooting/handling of the gun wipe it down completely with the rag with ballistol. You can store your rag in a zip lock bag between uses.

Reactions: Dangon092