Rules that you have made for yourself as far as airgunning goes....

My rule is not to duplicate what I did with firearms. Don’t want a safe full of under utilized airguns. I like getting intimate with my daily shooter, so manipulating becomes second nature.
I honestly think this may be where I have found myself struggling with wanting to try everything out there, I think maybe I could take note of this and become more intimate and familiarized with the rifles I HAVE and instead really fall inlove with them.

I honestly think this may be where I have found myself struggling with wanting to try everything out there, I think maybe I could take note of this and become more intimate and familiarized with the rifles I HAVE and instead really fall inlove with them.
Same here😅*and stop moving optics/accessories from here to there🥴🤣🤷‍♂️

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
My rule is not to duplicate what I did with firearms. Don’t want a safe full of under utilized airguns. I like getting intimate with my daily shooter, so manipulating becomes second nature.
This is so true . i did the same with PB's ! i even had a S&W snub .38 could not hit proverbial barn door @ 20 yards why did i have that ? (old detective movies )

Same rules I instituted for other sports where, over time, “stuff” tends to accumulate but not get used often:

1. No duplication. Each item must have a different main purpose from any others.
2. Get to know one very well before buying another.
3. Do not buy more than can be stored AS IS—no adding cabinets/safes/sheds.
4. If an item doesn’t fit my needs, sell it.

Caveat: I have to admit to keeping old things previously used a lot, for sentimental value only. Really should work on that.

For me my guns need a purpose. Not a fan of over lapping guns. Right now I have a Notos that is working very very well for close range work. My Evol Mini covers anything further. Then a HW30S .177 for plinking or can also do short range pesting but that's just a sweet little shooter. Not as much a tool as the others. And if I don't regularly shoot them then no need to have them.

No rules for me. Complete Mad Max style of governance. And this does result in a lot of death and occasional explosions. :ROFLMAO:

1-Picture31-eaa.jpg

This is so true . i did the same with PB's ! i even had a S&W snub .38 could not hit proverbial barn door @ 20 yards why did i have that ? (old detective movies )
The “snub nose” is for “bad breath” distances… my wife’s daily carry. Simple to use…

I am an FX junkie. There I said it.
I chased the performance crap for a while and finally came to rest on the fact that bone stock they did all I wanted out of them. No extras, no snake oil parts and no modifications. They shoot just fine without all the YouTubery.
Most important is once it is shooting the way I am happy with it? LEAVE IT ALONE and enjoy it.

My buying rules:
1. Don't buy projects - I'm past buying guns (new or used) that I know I will have to mess with to give them expected performance.
2. I only buy new springers or used ones from someone I know I can trust. Everybody's brother works on springers, and some know how to do it well. if I buy a new one, it will probably get tuned my someone I trust.
3. No more magnum springers. I have a Diana 48, but that's the last. At 20+fpe, PCPs just make more sense.
4. Left hand or fully ambi guns only. I'm a "very" lefty, and just no longer willing to compromise.
5. .177-.25 pellet shooters only. Slugs defeat the short range advantage that have gotten me permission to hunt in a couple places.
6. I don't like ugly/beat up guns. It's everyone's personal choice, that's mine.
7. It has to do something for me that some other gun I own can't. Right now that is probably the hardest rule to meet.
Beside that, I"m easy. :):)

Some rules:
1- make it enjoyable, (I have a very competitive nature) and will ruin a beautiful day of shooting striving for extreme accuracy/consistency etc.
2- Understand airguns are not centerfires and stop trying to emulate them and their characteristics.
3- Not have more than 3 airguns at one time.
4- Realize my standards are higher than most Manufacturers can accommodate and there is no perfect manufacture or model that fits all my requirements.
5- Take responsibility for my own deficiencies in shooting or understand conditions I’m shooting in.
6- Stop doing the same thing with the same airguns (or many different airguns) over and over again expecting different results.
7- Airguns and related Ammo are notoriously inconsistent (why? to many variables all the time that you just can’t eliminate or even compensate for!) so you must UNDERSTAND this and don’t loose your mind over it… I know!

My Rules!

I am currently trying to work out some new rules myself to get things under control here in the Rec. Room lol. These have not been applied yet but I am weighing pros and cons within myself now haha.

1) If I fix a bad oring or a cheesy easy leak does it void my warranty lol.

2) are parts readily available and am I ok to install them or do I have to pay shipping outta my pocket to send it in to the manufacturer .

3) Can I purchase extra barrels in different lengths or swap the air source up or down to fit my desired use.

I am considering these options and if I can get some straight clear answers it will decimate my current stables of pcp's haha.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1