Rules that you have made for yourself as far as airgunning goes....

Basic rules for me an airguns in no particular order....

Have fun

Don't take it too seriously

Buy quality

Don't buy on credit (money already saved for items)

Keep ammo well stocked (I have seen the pellet shortages and been left standing empty handed before... NEVER again)
Have fun

Remember everyone's experiences are different and I can learn from all of them

Anyone that claims that they are an expert really isn't or, may be but, I don't stroke egos so they are 👎🏼 to me

Don't take it too seriously

Have fun

Everything else is pretty much open

Definite rules here ;

No more bolt actions ( tested and owned several, never again )

No regulators,....I have no use for it and rather have less parts and a cheaper gun.

No light triggers,....anything that cannot be tuned up to 2 pounds minimun is a no go, don't like triggers under 2 pounds

I might have more but cannot think of it right now .

Reactions: Neu
Do your own research on a rifle/pistol before buying. Take all YouTube reviews with a gain of salt there are very few that are trustworthy and most are just trying to sell you stuff from there sponsors. What works for one person may not work for you.
I sure wish research could include trying a gun in person, at a real brick-and-mortar shop with a range.

It was not of concern when I bought my dept store Daisy, which I knew generations of older kids had used, and which cost very little. I am a small person.

It IS of concern for picking out my second air rifle, though. Not of immediate concern, because I still need to decide whether that will be a second multipump OR a PCP. It would be nice to have the option of multiple shots without repumping and reloading. The physical pumping doesn’t bother me so much as the interruption and need to move the rifle from whatever position it was in.

Great thread. As for my rules... They become more refined the longer I'm into the hobby. I have learned not to chase power. Trying to push a lower caliber gun beyond it's capabilities is frustrating and very discouraging. Instead I buy a gun within those power levels. Keep my goals realistic. That helps out a lot with my personal serenity. Getting/having a good air source is very important as well. The list of rules/ guidelines continues to grow the longer I'm involved with the hobby. And if a gun can do what I want out of the box leave it alone and just enjoy it.