• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Rule Change Proposal for AAFTA Field Target

I plan to send this off the the AAFTA BoG later today unless I get a lot of negative feedback...

Rule change proposal for AAFTA

AAFTA Board of Governors,

Dear Sirs, please consider these proposal and pass them on the AAFTA clubs for a vote.

AAFTA Clubs, please vote on the following topics:

AAFTA should create an “Unlimited” class that would allow all of the current equipment and shooting positions that are allowed in any and all of the divisions and classes now in the AAFTA rules.

Yes:

No:

Hunter class rule change to allow the competitor to choose to shoot at a lower FPE power setting in exchange for the use of a higher power scope as per follows:

20fpe allows a scope setting up to 16X (Current Rule)

15fpe allows a scope setting up to 24X

12fpe allows any power setting on the scope

Yes:

No:

All classes change to the Forced position Kneeling lanes:

The Match Director shall be required to include additional targets on the Kneeling lanes, so that the competitor will be able to choose to shoot Kneeling at one set of targets, OR Sitting on another set of targets of equal Troyer difficulty.

Yes:

No:

Just my two cents:

1) The lower FPE for more scope mag thing places a large burden on MD's, and makes things considerably harder to track (in terms of who is shooting what power level and scope setting). Seems like a nightmare. Can a shooter adjust the scope and power of the gun day to day at a GP? How does the 2% allowed variance over the chrono impact where each shooter should be mag wise?

I would not support this.

2) On the Forced kneeling lane change, I can't support this either. Again, you're placing an unnecessary additional burden on MDs. Would be better/easier to just use the same troyer multiplier for kneeling as is used for standing, that way, shooters who can't kneel have the same difficulty expectation on both kneeling and standing. I still wouldn't support that, but it makes better sense in terms of what you're trying to achieve while not increasing the burden to MDs.

Again, just my two cents.

1) No. There's no need. Better to leave it to match directors if they want to accommodate such shooters.

2) No. See Tyler's post above. I wholeheartedly agree!

3) No. See #2 above.

4) 'Inclusivity' taken to extremes = redundancy, superfluosity and over-complication. AAFTA field target has plenty already. At some point shooters interested in competition should find a division (two) and class (three) most appealing, and conform to the parameters and restrictions.

5) Over-complication only works in government and bureaucracy. Correction- Over-complication doesn't even work in government and bureaucracy!

Rule changes are NOT going to grow the sport and adding Divisions or classes will not do it either. The trend has been to make the courses more and more difficult and wanting to make the rules easier. ??????? Want to grow the sport? More matches at more places and less difficult courses will grow the sport.

Seems like lots of people want to shoot this way or that or whatever, like they are somebody special or something. They can go to the range and shoot however they want but that is no fun. We actually need a few rules ,which by the way, actually make it fun. We cannot have a situation/or rules in which everyone can do what THEY want. That cannot work and everyone cannot have their own way all the time AND everyone cannot win all the time. Sorry about this and I really do feel bad for all the special people out there.

You guys make my head hurt. The rant is over! Now you can all come back with your "yea but" responses and responses that have no basis in fact..

Respectfully,
Rick B.
(former MD 30+ years}

Once submitted to AAFTA, and if the BOG decides to put it to a vote, only current AAFTA clubs get 1 vote each. So it’s likely that only match directors will be voting. The competitors don’t vote.

Our club held our last AAFTA GP match for the foreseeable future, so I won’t be voting next year, though I would have voted for Unlimited, but not the others.

Our club still has small semi-monthly matches, but these (non-AAFTA) matches already allow Unlimited.

Is the match director not obligated to poll the shooting members of their club and vote according to majority opinion?

Tim
I am going to cover this and discuss with our members absolutely.
Doing so in @ 9 days at our season ending match.

We as MD's are indeed morally obligated to survey our shooting members ...

I am going to cover this and discuss with our members absolutely.
Doing so in @ 9 days at our season ending match.

We as MD's are indeed morally obligated to survey our shooting members ...
if your in CA why do you have seasonal matches why not all year ? ? Just joking from a non CA person

• Haha
Reactions: qball
if your in CA why do you have seasonal matches why not all year ? ? Just joking from a non CA person
My founding partners in the SVFTC were avid duck and deer hunters ... Fall gets here there willingness to stay involved threw winter left with them.
Tho said here in Northern Ca, winters rains, much cooler weather etc does not bode well for most of our fair weather "For Fun" shooters.

is what it is ...

Reactions: qball
My founding partners in the SVFTC were avid duck and deer hunters ... Fall gets here there willingness to stay involved threw winter left with them.
Tho said here in Northern Ca, winters rains, much cooler weather etc does not bode well for most of our fair weather "For Fun" shooters.

is what it is ...
my Daughter lives in Campbell CA and winter temp's a lot of times are the same as here in southern Kentucky so yeah coldish and rainy

Because it will be below 60 degrees obviously! Plus god forbid we have a drop of rain or two............o_O:cry::ROFLMAO:

Once we have more help for @Motorhead maybe we can open the entire year, I plan to help out as much as I can and I have no interest in real hunting because I'm too lazy. AFAIK the FT matches in concord is all year around.

Wayne(@Airgunoregon): don't worry about us, do what you think is best for YOU and YOUR members! I honestly don't see why wouldn't we give proposals a try at least, nothing ventured nothing gained! If it doesn't work then they can change it back, what's the big deal? Just entertainment like bridge club anyways.

Last edited: