• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RUINED!!!!!

I have been eyeing an Air Force Texan 457 carbine that has been languishing on the rack at the local shop. Gun, scope, air stripper and a bunch of slugs go with. For $1,200.00.
My fear was recognized when I shot it. Hooked like big ol sucker fish right in the lip. Until the guy who owns the shop said don’t go big bore until you have a good compressor that will fill SCBA tanks easily. You will only regret it.
Dream on hold or now.

Reactions: 450BM
I feel that

I had 23 springers at one time Now I’m down to 4.
The ones I have shoot well and are satisfying.

Now Pcps are a whole diffent level More accurate, powerful and quite but also more delicate and dependent on an air source

Love my PCPs …..

Your journey to the dark side is …..complete !

What’s the saying.?

Once you go pcp you never go back!🧐

I have been eyeing an Air Force Texan 457 carbine that has been languishing on the rack at the local shop. Gun, scope, air stripper and a bunch of slugs go with. For $1,200.00.
My fear was recognized when I shot it. Hooked like big ol sucker fish right in the lip. Until the guy who owns the shop said don’t go big bore until you have a good compressor that will fill SCBA tanks easily. You will only regret it.
Dream on hold or now.
Honestly, the compressor is ok, the bottle is way more convenient, minus the trip to get it filled. Refilling the bottle at home with a compressor is a slooooow process. Refilling a gun takes 10 minutes, but with the bottle it takes seconds. Also, there are some cheap compressors out there. Yeah, you get what you pay for with those, but I just spent 700 on an air venturi compressor and got the SAME 2-3 hundred dollar quality, so I wouldn't hesitate to buy a cheap one unless you're rich enough to buy the $4k models. I surely am not.

Honestly, the compressor is ok, the bottle is way more convenient, minus the trip to get it filled. Refilling the bottle at home with a compressor is a slooooow process. Refilling a gun takes 10 minutes, but with the bottle it takes seconds. Also, there are some cheap compressors out there. Yeah, you get what you pay for with those, but I just spent 700 on an air venturi compressor and got the SAME 2-3 hundred dollar quality, so I wouldn't hesitate to buy a cheap one unless you're rich enough to buy the $4k models. I surely am not.

the closest place to fill my bottle is 1/2 an hour away. For some that may not seem far but with my tight schedule it takes an hour and a half out of my day.
I had/have an Air Venturi Nomad II. It is on it’s way back to the factory. Turn around is 6-8 weeks, so back to the bottle I go for a while. The Nomad did just fine filling guns, until it didn’t.
When and if the Nomad comes back it will go back into service with a full SCBA along as back up. The trust is gone.
I want a compressor that is made to fill bottles. Pricing I have found so far is expensive to way over my pay scale.

the closest place to fill my bottle is 1/2 an hour away. For some that may not seem far but with my tight schedule it takes an hour and a half out of my day.
I had/have an Air Venturi Nomad II. It is on it’s way back to the factory. Turn around is 6-8 weeks, so back to the bottle I go for a while. The Nomad did just fine filling guns, until it didn’t.
When and if the Nomad comes back it will go back into service with a full SCBA along as back up. The trust is gone.
I want a compressor that is made to fill bottles. Pricing I have found so far is expensive to way over my pay scale.
Well here I am preaching to the choir, because that Nomad 2 is EXACTLY what I was talking about when I said 200$ quality for a 700$ price. Mine hasn't broke yet so I guess you know this better than I do. Yeah the actual good ones, 4500 area, I do pretty well and that's above my pay grade too. One can only hope that as PCPs become the mainstream quality and prices will improve.

69013_W3.jpg

I got to say, I know exactly where you're coming from! I grew up shooting all kinds of springers, I never had any of the higher end ones but I still loved shooting them nonetheless. AND then it happened. Bought a Benjamin Discovery in .22, just going from a springer to an 'entry' level pcp was a huge difference and I loved it! When I got that PCP all I could afford at the time was a hand pump and let me tell you, I definitely got my workout in on that thing because I was shooting every single day for months on end! Now fast forward to today. Got an impact m3 a few weeks back and I can not get enough of it.....I guess we'll see each other at the divorce court for our wives leaving us haha!!