Ruger Impact Max disassembly

I have the Impact Max .22 and want to remove the trigger assembly for a tune-up. It appears that there are 2 screws that hold the barrel assembly to the stock. I can easily remove the front screw however the rear screw just turns without loosening. I suspect there is a nut that needs to be held while removing the screw. This leads to another problem, how is the top rail/cover removed? I cannot see any screws attaching it to the gun. I don't want to force anything and break parts so I am hoping someone else has experience with the disassembly of this model and can help me out.

If you are talking about the scope mount rail, its a machine press fit. I (unfortunately) have the first edition Umarex Impact and did manage to get the scope rail off of it but it's a pain to do and is not necessary if you're breaking down the gun to work on the trigger... Although I've not messed with the trigger on mine... it sits in a corner collecting dust... can't even give it away. Don't mean to discourage but there are better and less expensive guns out there. The Benjamin Prowler (~$90) at Wally World, is a far better shooter. Hope this helps in some way.

Update on my disassembly issue. I finally was able to disassemble my Impact Max without damaging anything. The rear barrel screw threads into a nut inside the stock. By prying out very hard on the barrel while turning the screw it finally backed out. I discovered the screw was stripped due to over tightening during manufacture. I went to my local Tractor Supply and found the metric screw that I needed (6M x1-1/2"). The screw was too long so I shortened it to match the length of the original screw. Also, I was able to locate 154-C springs for my trigger tune-up. I got it from Tacoma Screw Products Inc. 1-800-562-8192. Tacoma Screw was very reasonably priced as was their shipping cost compared to other places I had inquired of. The spring was too long so I shortened it to correct length. One spring will tune-up 2 triggers. No more sore trigger finger. This gave my trigger a very smooth pull without the excessive hard pull of the factory original. I now can shoot very nice 1/2' groups using RWS Super Dome pellets. As for the nut inside the barrel. It sets in a plastic hex opening that is intended to keep the nut from turning when the screw is tightened or loosened. This split apart while I was prying the barrel out so I repaired it with JB Weld Epoxy. I recommend removing the nut first so the epoxy does not weld the nut in place. The nut must float freely. So, for anyone who has purchased one of these airguns and does not consider throwing it in the trash an option I highly recommend doing this tune-up. You will be quite pleased with the results.

Nice one Flex. These guys that talk about the Umarex Rugers being "junk" have no idea how good these guns can be. I easily replaced both trigger springs with ball point pen springs, removed the rail and mounted the scope directly. Must have around 5000 pellets through it now if not more. I use Center Point scopes which are also a favorite "piece of junk" product by the naysayers and have awesome results and great days shooting.

20210613_150611_HDR.1623801115.jpg