• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

ruger blackhawk elite .177 mods?

First and foremost, clean the barrel! Use a crown saver or weedwacker line to pull some patches through and remove the rust preventive that often coats a new barrel.
That rifle is a clone of the venerable RWS 34, I don't care for the stock design myself, but to each their own! Probably the best thing you could do to improve it would be to install a Vortek kit.
http://vortekproducts.com/ourstore/HW97%20Air%20Rifle?product_id=240
I have a Vortek kit in my Beeman R9 and the shot cycle is amazingly smooth, just a nice thunk! There are vids out there on the process, you may need a spring compressor to safely disassemble and reassemble the rifle. Brace yourself, the kit is almost as much as the gun! I would shoot it a lot, figure out what pellet it likes best, and then decide if I wanted to tear down and put in a Vortek kit. If the rifle is twangy and jumpy now and that bothers you, then put in a kit, it will be a night and day difference.
John
PS-Make sure you have a solid mount, ideally with a stop pin to keep scope and mount from sliding back, a moving scope will make you crazy when you try to sight in!
Also, if your groups open up, make sure the stock screws are snug (don't overdo this, just nice and snug).

thanks for the suggestion johnL57. I've read about this upgrade and it would be nice but at the same time its a $100 gun so can't justify $80+ on that mod! so far I think its a decent gun. fit and finish is great and lots of power. shoots accurate too but will be better with the new 3-9x56 scope I have just waiting for the high mount rings to arrive. I guess I will leave well enough alone. I love to tinker but rather then toss more $ into this I m thinking of buying the ruger .22 impact. I have to say for the money ruger makes a quality gun. thanks again