Rubber Mulch Trap (yet again)

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse but....

Intenseaty brought this up a bit ago and I was working on this, just a bit slow to finish it. So I had this weird pull cart free from work and some mildewing treated lumber laying about, and my 20th version of a rubber mulch filled box was worn out so...

GetAttachmentThumbnail

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Build a treated plywood box and attach to cart,

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Line back with 4 layers thick of 18 ga. sheet steel. (sorry Yo, no 1/4 ' plate)

Test with .25 H&N hornet from Taipan.... um.....

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Puts a heck of a ding in those Plywood backed layers but... OK!

Put a ledge around the inside to lay cardboard on (I chose 5/8 thick for 4-5 layers of cardboard which hold the rubber mulch in) and add a hinged frame to pinch the cardboard tight,

GetAttachmentThumbnail

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Fill, add target and enjoy! it's a heavy thing, thus the wheels. I roll it into a shed when done shooting

GetAttachmentThumbnail

GetAttachmentThumbnail

It was a slap together/low cost project but I assume I'll have it for years to come.

Two containers I've used recently for rubber mulch-Yong Heng shipping box and an old box fan with motor and supports removed. The Yong Heng box has been great. The box fan is good but the plastic covers are a little weak and bulge a bit. Seems they might break. Also, the plastic covers are getting broken from pellet impacts making the weakness worse. The handle is nice and roughly 5" of rubber mulch is stopping my .177's just fine. The thicker Yong Heng box stops heavy .22's completely with no pass through.